Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Ty Cobb records from the 1920's

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    Relative to the Cobb bat, since the original post and responses I have seen a photo, while doing non-related research, that suggests a Cobb model (made for him), indexed and diagrammed at what appears to be 34 inches in length, I am attempting to get some clarification on the photo, but have had no response from wither the photographer or author of the book to date. For those interested, check out page 44 of Bob Hill's Crack of the Bat.
    Mike,

Thanks for your comments. By the way, nice eye on catching that Crack of the Bat photo on page 44. It's quite interesting and I hope you will share with me any pertinent info you may learn from the photographer and/or auther of the book.

Kevin

I certainly will Kevin...

Hopefully we will be able to get some additional information within the next week or so.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by ghostkid View Post
    Mike,

Thanks for your comments. By the way, nice eye on catching that Crack of the Bat photo on page 44. It's quite interesting and I hope you will share with me any pertinent info you may learn from the photographer and/or auther of the book.

Kevin
    Hi Mike,

Have you heard back from the author and/or photographer from the Crack of the Bat photo on page 44? It looks to me like the tag says 34", but its tough to tell for sure.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by ghostkid View Post
    Hi Mike,

Have you heard back from the author and/or photographer from the Crack of the Bat photo on page 44? It looks to me like the tag says 34", but its tough to tell for sure.

Kevin

If you also notice, there appears to be ANOTHER 34 " right above the bat!

Also, in M. Fogels collection he owns a side-written 34 inch Ty Cobb bat. (according to the LOA.. actually 34.125, but ordered 34)