Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Brett Favre Throws Wiinning Touchdown with 2 Second Left

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Bondsgloves....The point is, Brett Farve got the chance. And what he did with it was legendary. Throwing that last pass across to his right while scrambling to his left just before getting pummeled, placing it only where his receiver could get to it....with the game on the line....no more time if it's incomplete.......I mean c'mon, are you kidding ME?

The San Francisco 49'ers are not rebuilding, they have arrived. They will win their division this year. They are a GOOD team.

Brett Farve still has one of, if not THE best (strongest) throwing arms in the NFL. He proved it on not just that last throw, but several in the game, and in particular that drive. He can zip it in there with the best of the best. But that block aeneas referred to was insane. I'm sure the coaches, after all of the excitement in the locker room calmed down, had a serious chat with him about that.

But that's Brett Farve, and that's an indication of what kind of a guy he is. As a former football player, how can you not love a teammate like that? I'm telling you, he is got that team so fired up right now, they probably truly think they are invincible. And that's exactly what a leader is supposed to do.

You guys should appreciate the fact that he's still playing, and stop the hating. It would be like if we still had Muhammad Ali around to watch fight. We are blessed with his presence in the game. Enjoy it while you can, he is a once in a life-timer.
    Wow comparing Brett Favre to Muhammad Ali! I don't even consider him an all time top 5 QB. He leads the team down the field and scores with two seconds left 1 time in his career. I'm sorry he's no Montana or Elway. The 49ers are a decent team not a super bowl contender. 1st year coach, new offensive cordinator, Crabtree their #1 pick hasn't signed and their best player Gore was hurt on the first play. They will win their division but look who the competition in their division is. The Vikings were contenders before Favre came aboard.

As far as once in a life-timer come on Montana, Elway, Brady, young the act has been done before. Its funny when was the last time Favre actually led a team to the Super Bowl?

Don't get me wrong he was a great player and is still a good player, but lets put this one game in persepective. Lets revisit this when the playoffs start.

Banned

That crashing sound you heard was John Madden's head going through his ceiling when he jumped up in jubilation over the play.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    As far as once in a life-timer come on Montana, Elway, Brady, young the act has been done before. Its funny when was the last time Favre actually led a team to the Super Bowl?
    It was prior to Farve breaking every one of their records (interceptions included ) . Meanwhile collecting as many MVP awards as Montana, Elway, and Brady combined.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Bondsgloves,

Brett Favre has his ups and downs, and more of them in his last two years than most. But you are wrong about last year. He had the Jets in first place almost the entire season. He got injured with 5 games to go, and couldn't throw. He still fought it to the bitter end.

It's his spirit that makes him a player, and a great team leader. Add to that he owns a bag full of NFL records, and I think you are simply just a Favre hater, so nothing said will change your mind.

Why don't you search the annuls of NFL films and try to find one example of Montana, Elway, Brady, whoever you like......completing a pass, then sprinting down field to lay out a linebacker for his receiver. Good luck.

And I never "compared" Favre to Ali. I made the analogy that watching greatness in live action is a blessing, and we should appreciate it while it's in front of us.

Good luck to whomever you like this season....just enjoy.

Steve

Hey mods.......a quick review of this guys posts will quickly lead you to the obvious fact he's only here to sell his garbage dvd's. Can you off him??

thanks ss!

Re: Brett Favre knocks out Liston and laughs about it!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    You guys should appreciate the fact that he's still playing, and stop the hating. It would be like if we still had Muhammad Ali around to watch fight. We are blessed with his presence in the game. Enjoy it while you can, he is a once in a life-timer.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    That crashing sound you heard was John Madden's head going through his ceiling when he jumped up in jubilation over the play.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    You sir, have made me laugh! I love John's man-crush for Brett. I used to do A little impersonation of him.

Banned

Re: Brett Favre knocks out Liston and laughs about it!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Warren:

LMAO!!!

Dave M.
    Chicago area