Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Exclamation No Bickering On This Thread, Please!

The only thing I will mention is that, for the Friday night A's-Rangers game, both teams wore black ribbons on their jerseys to remember the fan who died (firefighter Shannon Stone).

Dave Miedema

Re: No Bickering On This Thread, Please!

I've found the entire incident incredibly upsetting, both as a fan and as a paranoid mother. Every time something like this happens at a sporting event it really sticks with me for some reason (remember when the two year old died after falling at the Staples Center?).

I've already told my husband that now that we have a small, feisty daughter, we are always sitting on the lower level at sporting events. Call it overreaction, being overprotective, or just wanting the good seats (LOL), but it's just not worth it.

My condolences to Mr. Stone's family. I hope Josh Hamilton can also find a way to work through this tragedy. I think the Rangers and Nolan Ryan have handled it about as well as can be expected given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    I hope Josh Hamilton can also find a way to work through this tragedy
    If tonight's performance were any indication to how he will work through this tragedy, one can safely say he's well on his way... 4 for 5 with 2 doubles, and a walk-off 2-run homer in the bottom of the ninth! Wow.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

it was a tragic accident. Having sat in the first row out there many times i could see how something could happen. If you are tall it wouldnt take much to lose your balance. The event has weighed heavy on my mind all weekend. Some of my greatest memories growing up involved being at the old ballpark in arlington. It is a shame that shannon stones son will not have thos same memories. This event if anything should show us all how fragile life realy is. It was a horrible accident, that could of happened to any of us in any situation in life.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Th poor little kid will have nightmares for the rest of his life about this incident!

He may have a hard time going to a baseball game ever again or even watching a game on TV.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...