Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

OT: Athletes & Twitter

Guys,

I know that pro sports and Twitter have been in the news lately so I thought I would pass this along...

Maxim listed the 100 Twitter accounts that every guy should follow (and my account - intheminors - was not on there!). There are a few athletes on the list but no real surprises.

http://www.maxim.com/humor/stupid-fu...ld-follow.html

Do any of you guys use Twitter? Do you follow any athletes or personalities that are worth mentioning? Just curious as I'm pretty new to it. When I took over the Facebook and Twitter for my company I had to learn a lot but am still getting my feet wet.

If any of you have any advice for company Facebook & Twitter accounts that get your name out there?

Kyle

Re: OT: Athletes & Twitter

Twitter is not a habit of mine but my wife follows closely. Her List:

Matt Forte
    Donny Wahlberg
    Sharron Osborn
    Caleb Hanie
    Danny Glover
    Melissa Joan Hart
    ChicagoBears.com
    SportsCenter.com
    Tommie Harris
    CNN.com
    FoxNews.com
    Kelly Osborn

Just to name a few....

Re: OT: Athletes & Twitter

I never have been big into Twitter. The whole idea of being followed has always given me the creeps. My favorite player's broadcasting his every move and learning his toilet habits just doesn't inspire me. I would rather talk to my actual friends, than follow a faceless celebrity on Twitter.

I use facebook, because there are many social activism-related things you can do on there - i.e., groups, causes, et cetera. As far as baseball is concerned, I am a member of Biggio and Bagwell fan clubs, as well as a Ban Barry Bonds from Baseball group.

The idea of being friends with a baseball player doesn't do much for me. It's not like we would have too much in common, other than liking to watch/play glorified stick ball. Furthermore, true friendship isn't possible when one party idolizes the other.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408