Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2009 GUU Fall Auction..??

can't wait for the auction

I am looking forward to it as well but am a bit disappointed that there was not a preview put up as the auction starts tomorrow. It is strange that this auction has not been promoted like the previous GUU auctions either...I am sure there are some great items but it has been strangely quiet, especially given the Jim Brown helmet that is the centerpiece of the auction. I guess we will see tomorrow.

A quick update:

As mentioned, we are launching a new auction site with this auction and it's going to be bigger than our previous auctions. However, due to some additional work that needed to be done with the new auction software and some last minute special consignments that we felt we just couldn't exclude, we are pushing the auction dates back to October 22nd through November 11th. To fill this gap we are targeting having our e-catalog ready for viewing by this weekend.

I believe everyone is going to see with this auction the commitment we are making to take GUU Auctions to the next level. We have brought in additional personal to handle the growth and we are very happy with the new auction site as well as our upgraded collateral materials such as our new catalog design. I am also confident that everyone will see the work that has gone into this auction and the direction we are headed.

On a final note, as was the case with our previous auctions, we will be removing the ‘Collector to Collector Classified’ forum on the GUU site during the auction. We will be doing this for the benefit of our consignors so other items will not be competing with theirs during the auction.

We look forward to bringing you this exciting auction as well as additional auctions going forward. In fact, for those interested in consigning to GUU Auctions, we will be having a Super Bowl auction this coming February and will be accepting consignments as soon as the Fall auction goes live.

I dont see why you need to remove the for sale section, if the auction is moving to a whole separate website.

??? anything?
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

(sound of a pin dropping.....)

I have the sudden urge to re-watch Failure To Launch.
    Good movie, except for the Bradshaw nude scene.