Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Steiner a class act!

Steiner just finished their auction and for some reason had two of each jersey listed. Although it seemed odd, I thought the jerseys could have been worn for a half each (like basketball) so bid and won a Courtney Brown. As it turned out, it was a mistake and I got an email right away letting me know the jersey I won was not available and to send a list of others I may be interested in. I am not getting a Flozell Adams (I am a big MSU fan) game issued in replacement and just want to say how quick and effortless it was to get the issue resolved.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but I think a big kudos should go out to Steiner for handling their mistake properly and promptly.

Jason

Re: Steiner a class act!

I got the same run around. I contacted Ben Cohen September 29 to verify that a particular lot was available and in the same message to him told him about the numerous duplicate listings. I got a reply that verified which listing was the "correct one" so that when I placed my bid I would be sure to purchase the item I wanted. Yesterday, I received a email message that confirmed my order and that it would be shipped as soon as possible. Today I received an email message from Ben Cohen that stated my item was no longer available because it had been "damaged". I replied that we had a legal contract and I wanted the item anyway. This is the reply I received:
    I know it’s not an excuse but I was victimized by an inventory error. Inventory showed that the jersey was available, unfortunately it is not available. We had lots of problems with incorrect stock and I was authorized to go as far as I can to accommodate a customer for a replacement item.
    Even though I contact them to verify the availablility of an item and bid on it in good faith, I also got the same "it's not my fault answer and let me send you something else". I am a little peeved at this company right now because I went out of my way to purchase an item I really wanted for my collection. In order to cover the cost of this item, I sold items from my personal collection that I would have not parted with if I had known this company had such shoddy business practices. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth.......
    SusieQ

Sorry, but I don't understand why you are giving kudos to Steiner. The jersey you bid on and won wasn't available and you are not getting a Flozell Adams replacement. Maybe I am not understanding what you wrote but I am not happy with how things have gone -- I didn't get a list of items to select from -- I was given only one choice. I am especially not happy because I notified them on September 29 that they had a problem with their listings and they did nothing about it. I wonder how many other people placed bids in good faith only to receive a message informing them that the item they won was not available. I am glad you feel you got treated well, but I felt like more could have been done to prevent the whole misunderstanding. SusieQ

I had a conversation with my former rep at Steiner a few months back and asked to take me off the e-mail list until he figured out my issue.

Needlesstosay, I am still on the e-mail list (with two different reps) and have not heard from him as far as an explanation. I truly miss Bob Malandro.

Kyle

I'm confused.

Did they offer you a refund?

You bid on a Game USED/WORN jersey and are receiving a Game ISSUED jersey. Is that right?

I'd be curious to know if somehow the lower of the two auctions was the "error".
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, gang.......just STAND BY.......they're now connected to Grey Flannel, kinda like in the same manner a hemmorrhoid is connected to one's rectum......and things are sure to improve soon!

Nice Shane Spencer helmet, even though he was a right handed hitter he liked to wear a helmet for a left-handed hitter right??? that way he was protected if a ball bounced off the backstop toward his head? huh??? NOT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-YANKEES-SHANE...item4a9b1e0339

Typical of why you can't put too much stock in steiner stickers and LOAs. The ebay seller points out its may have been another player but Steiner just says it is a Spencer helmet. I am sure they will fall back on 'that is what the Yankees told us' like they always do but if you are going to issue an LOA on something you should at least find out if he is a right-handed or left-handed hitter.

One more suggestion, ignore LOAs and stickers and stamps and do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
    Nice Shane Spencer helmet, even though he was a right handed hitter he liked to wear a helmet for a left-handed hitter right??? that way he was protected if a ball bounced off the backstop toward his head? huh??? NOT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-YANKEES-SHANE...item4a9b1e0339

Typical of why you can't put too much stock in steiner stickers and LOAs. The ebay seller points out its may have been another player but Steiner just says it is a Spencer helmet. I am sure they will fall back on 'that is what the Yankees told us' like they always do but if you are going to issue an LOA on something you should at least find out if he is a right-handed or left-handed hitter.

One more suggestion, ignore LOAs and stickers and stamps and do your research.

There was a day when we had laws against such flagrant misrepresentation. But you change a few politicians, and everything just goes to hell. My, how things have changed.......I yearn for the good old days again......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

suicide_squeeze- I think you must have posted the wrong photo, below your post. When I think of the "good ole days" images such as selling lemonade on a street corner and playing little league baseball come to mind.

When I think of George W. Bush, all that comes to mind is, thank goodness we have survived as a nation, after being led by an intellectually challenged, morally deficient and completely incompetant clown for 8 of the last 9 years. Those 8 years don't represent the "good ole days" to me, by any stretch of the imagination.

What the hell do your political beliefs have to do with game used collecting, take your political rants somewhere else.