Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone hear from Helen (cordovacollector) lately?

Terribly sad news. While I emailed with Helen only a few times, she was a great person will ceratinly be missed. She had a great passion for many things (baseball, the Twins, life) and I will miss the passion and enthusiasm she brought to the board.

My girlfriends aunt recently passed away from ovarian cancer and this thread got me thinking...

a lot of medical bills pile up and a lot of financial issues finally get resolved because they have to be and a lot of new expense get introduced. Anyways, perhaps GUU could hold an auction of her game used items (if there are no plans for them in her will) and give all the proceeds to her estate/family to help with the expenses that come with the passing of a loved one. Its just an idea...this entire thread kinda has me down a bit...and I was just trying to figure out a way that I/we could help if she did actually pass away.

I had a bad feeling after not hearing from her for a while.

She was always full of life in our emails, and it was an honor to be able to correspond with someone so passionate about life.

If Wades idea about auctioning off her game used items doesn't work out, maybe we could hold an auction of our own, maybe some of us can send in an autographed item or game used item, and than have it in her honor, than send the proceeds to her family or donate it to a charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post
    I had a bad feeling after not hearing from her for a while.

She was always full of life in our emails, and it was an honor to be able to correspond with someone so passionate about life.

If Wades idea about auctioning off her game used items doesn't work out, maybe we could hold an auction of our own, maybe some of us can send in an autographed item or game used item, and than have it in her honor, than send the proceeds to her family or donate it to a charity?
    I think this is a great idea and would be more than happy to donate.....

Davis

I agree with everyone's sentiments. This is indeed a very sad turn of events. You could tell from her posts that she was a very passionate collector and fan.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Marty Cordova? I think it would be nice if he knew that his biggest fan passed away. Maybe he would be interested in donating something to help the family out if they need it.

I can't believe how time flies by and this news is so sad as that is indeed our Helen. My last email from Helen was in August and didn't hear from her in September.

Helen indeed was a Breast Cancer survivor but most don't know she had Multiple Sclerosis and at one time also menengitis and encephalytis.

We bonded so much when I disclosed to her something I hadn't shared with anyone else on the Forum and not many other people at the time. My families' summer shocker in June was that my young wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer which happened to be the same type that Helen had.

Here was one of Helen's last email to me:

Andrew - My best wishes will be that it was something they were able to deal with entirely with the mastectomies and no need for any other treatment ... other than 1000s of hugs from you and your kids!

This weekend is our Relay For Life survivors walk. If I am able to be out there, I plan to have a luminary in Honor of Lisa - AllStar'sPlus wife!! I'll have them draw two pink bats crossed inside a heart.

Helen (not nosey ... just concerned and interested)

It is amazing how quick life turns and I will say a prayer for Helen as I now know why our communications stopped. I wanted to tell her that my wife had her 2nd surgery 2 days ago and is now cancer free.

A sad day.....
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Her last post was 08-14-2009, 01:15 AM and her profile shows her last activity as 08-26-2009, 03:47 AM.

Banned

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

IT IS CONFIRMED I SPOKE WITH THE FUNERAL HOME AND HER SISTER.

It was Helen (Cordovacollector)

She will be missed as she was a passionate person about the hobby and life and being a member of this board.

Helen, Rest in Peace your in a better place now!!!

So Sad, you will be missed Helen!!! Very nice person she was!

I have a feeling that she is reading this thread in a better place! I believe it is true....

Maybe we can use this as a teachable moment to all of us, that life is precious and indeed too short.

Therefor we should ALL be nicer to each other on this forum!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I never really talked to her much, but were all family on this board. R.I.P