Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angels send Red Sox to Dee House !

It didn't look good for the Angels sweep in the bottom of the 8th. But, they sucked it up to send Boston home for the winter. Lovely.
    Bring on the Spankees .
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Re: Angels send Red Sox to Dee House !

You can thank Jonathan Papel-"blown", I had a bad feeling when he came into close in the 8th. Look for some major overhauling for the Red Sox in the offseason, hope they sign Jason Bay for a few years.

Another big dissapointment for the year Dice-K! Came into spring fat and out of shape, then threw his arm out pitching to much for Japan in the WBC.

Anyway, no excuses, Yankees proved to be a better team the second half and my hats off to the Angels who were the better team in the ALDS.

Bobby

Sweet redemption - that ruckus you hear is the gang at ESPN trying to figure out whether to ignore this even happened to their boys or brainstorming a Top 10 list of excuses to trot out.

Banned

The memory of Nick Adenhart continues to inspire and drive the Halos.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I think Dave Henderson jinxed them. They should have know better than to bring back a member of the 86 Sox to throw out the first pitch. This comeback was similar to game 6 in the 86 WS in that both the 86 and 09 Sox failed to get that final third out.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

The reality is.....ever since Manny left the team, they haven't been the same.

Add to that the team is getting older in the roster, and PED's are no longer prevalent. This team (like many others) were largely successful over the past decade because of the use of PED's.

Love Manny or hate him, you could just feel it in the air.....when the Red Sox got rid of him in such a nasty, well publicized manner, you just knew that would mark the beginning of the decline in Boston for the Sox. It's time to clean house and rebuild, as they will not win with their current line-up. They have to rebuild like the Dodgers have....with young, raw talent, mixed in with a few veteran players with ability and ice in their veins.

Banned

I think getting rid of Manny actually helped the team to be quite honest. They just went up against a better team that had some good momentum.

Suicide Squeeze keep in mind it was Manny who decided to fight with his teamates, it was Manny who was faking injuries and it was Manny who pushed and attacked there road manager. I don't see why you would not want the guy off the team. Jason Bay did a fine job replacing Manny.

Sure you take a .300 AVG 35 HR's and 100 RBI's out of the line-up but how good would have Manny helped them this year missing 50 games ??? You wanna talk aabout PED's fucking up a team ???

Being a Red Sox fan and watching most of the 162 games you can see what needs to change.

To say the lineup is not producing because of PED's is a retarded comment. Last time I checked PED's did not help you make contact with a ball it only helped you hit it further.

David Oritz's final numbers in 2009

AVG .238
    HR's 28
    RBI 99
    OBP .332

To me besides the AVG that is not a bad year. Sure they are not regular Big Papi numbers we are all used to.

What does need to be addressed:

1. They need another Starter

2. Third Base Mike Lowell is done.

3. They need to re-sign Jason Bay

4. They need a Short Stop

Otherwise I would leave everything the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    I think getting rid of Manny actually helped the team to be quite honest. They just went up against a better team that had some good momentum.

Suicide Squeeze keep in mind it was Manny who decided to fight with his teamates, it was Manny who was faking injuries and it was Manny who pushed and attacked there road manager. I don't see why you would not want the guy off the team. Jason Bay did a fine job replacing Manny.

Sure you take a .300 AVG 35 HR's and 100 RBI's out of the line-up but how good would have Manny helped them this year missing 50 games ??? You wanna talk aabout PED's fucking up a team ???

Being a Red Sox fan and watching most of the 162 games you can see what needs to change.

To say the lineup is not producing because of PED's is a retarded comment. Last time I checked PED's did not help you make contact with a ball it only helped you hit it further.

David Oritz's final numbers in 2009

AVG .238
    HR's 28
    RBI 99
    OBP .332

To me besides the AVG that is not a bad year. Sure they are not regular Big Papi numbers we are all used to.

What does need to be addressed:

1. They need another Starter

2. Third Base Mike Lowell is done.

3. They need to re-sign Jason Bay

4. They need a Short Stop

Otherwise I would leave everything the same.

Hi Lokee,

I see you have as much taste and class in addressing fellow members as most.....but hey, I'm sure it's tough for you to have to read scribble from a retarded (now) attention seeking drama queen duschebag like me, so I'll let you slide my friend.

Look, all I was saying was the Red Sox won their two world championships while fielding a heavily juiced team. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, or stepped on your team, by stating the obvious. Manny, Big Papi, Varitek, that piece of garbage money grubber J.D. Drew.....all were using, among others I'm sure. But a lot of teams were, so who cares now? The point is, the "clean-up" is underway, and your team is now one of the big losers in the fact that they have to field a clean team. They have a fairly good team, but they will never replace what they had, especially with Manny being gone. Love him, hate him, whatever.....he was.....WAS.....one of the greatest right hand hitters to ever play the game. If it was because of the PED's, then maybe he should thank Bud "The Geek" Selig after his career is over for allowing himself to manufacture the body that made him such. But your team, since they were the ones who had him, turns out to be the big loser here because they DON'T have him any more. Jason Bay is NO Manny Ramirez. You'll learn that going forward.

In regards to hitting the ball....hey man, be realistic, you don't MAKE IT to the majors if you aren't talented at hitting the ball. Hitting it farther, thereby hitting a LOT more home runs instead of warning tract fly-outs IS a huge difference, as they lead to more wins, etc. That's where the juice helped this team, not to mention keeping them "fresh" from day to day.

I don't care to get into yet ANOTHER argument with a disgruntled forum member about something that means absolutely NOTHING to me, so I won't comment on your prescious Red Sox anymore. Good luck to them in the future, I hope they get all the players you want them to get in the off season, Lokee.

As a Dodger fan, I have to say Manny has turned out to be a circus-act like he has been everywhere else he's played. But somehow, he always seems to bring in that bat when it's needed. We'll see if it holds up throughout the play-offs. But I have lost my "zest" for him as a fan, and quite frankly, I don't think he's worth the 25 mil the Dodgers will pay him if they have to by his acceptance of the "and one" on his contract. Hell, he's a HUGE liability in the outfield, as he has shown this season. But we'll be alright with him, as I know we'll be stuck with him for one more year, his last, no doubt, as NO ONE will offer him as much as the Dodgers did, not to mention he needs to stay clean now. His production will no doubt continue to fall off. But the Red Sox had him during his glory years....and they will not find a hitter of his type but once every 100 years. So good luck.

Exclamation Re: Angels send Red Sox to Dee House !

s_s, you are a 'tard and full of idiotic assumptions... I won't be a long-winded as you, so there it is

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Hi Lokee,

I see you have as much taste and class in addressing fellow members as most.....but hey, I'm sure it's tough for you to have to read scribble from a retarded (now) attention seeking drama queen duschebag like me, so I'll let you slide my friend.

Look, all I was saying was the Red Sox won their two world championships while fielding a heavily juiced team. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, or stepped on your team, by stating the obvious. Manny, Big Papi, Varitek, that piece of garbage money grubber J.D. Drew.....all were using, among others I'm sure. But a lot of teams were, so who cares now? The point is, the "clean-up" is underway, and your team is now one of the big losers in the fact that they have to field a clean team. They have a fairly good team, but they will never replace what they had, especially with Manny being gone. Love him, hate him, whatever.....he was.....WAS.....one of the greatest right hand hitters to ever play the game. If it was because of the PED's, then maybe he should thank Bud "The Geek" Selig after his career is over for allowing himself to manufacture the body that made him such. But your team, since they were the ones who had him, turns out to be the big loser here because they DON'T have him any more. Jason Bay is NO Manny Ramirez. You'll learn that going forward.

In regards to hitting the ball....hey man, be realistic, you don't MAKE IT to the majors if you aren't talented at hitting the ball. Hitting it farther, thereby hitting a LOT more home runs instead of warning tract fly-outs IS a huge difference, as they lead to more wins, etc. That's where the juice helped this team, not to mention keeping them "fresh" from day to day.

I don't care to get into yet ANOTHER argument with a disgruntled forum member about something that means absolutely NOTHING to me, so I won't comment on your prescious Red Sox anymore. Good luck to them in the future, I hope they get all the players you want them to get in the off season, Lokee.

As a Dodger fan, I have to say Manny has turned out to be a circus-act like he has been everywhere else he's played. But somehow, he always seems to bring in that bat when it's needed. We'll see if it holds up throughout the play-offs. But I have lost my "zest" for him as a fan, and quite frankly, I don't think he's worth the 25 mil the Dodgers will pay him if they have to by his acceptance of the "and one" on his contract. Hell, he's a HUGE liability in the outfield, as he has shown this season. But we'll be alright with him, as I know we'll be stuck with him for one more year, his last, no doubt, as NO ONE will offer him as much as the Dodgers did, not to mention he needs to stay clean now. His production will no doubt continue to fall off. But the Red Sox had him during his glory years....and they will not find a hitter of his type but once every 100 years. So good luck.

LMAO