Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yankees over Twins!

Don't want to appear a Yankees fan. Actually I could have cared less what happens here; but it was just common sense that neither the Tigers or Twins were suitable opponents for the Yankees....

Now that the Twins are gone, I hope the ghost of the young deseased pitched can propel them by NY. I doubt it will happen, but it would be good for baseball.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: Yankees over Twins!

As a Yankee fan, I'm happy they beat the Twins, and obviously hope they keep going. The Twins made tons of base running mistakes in this series. They came in off a draining one game playoff with the Tigers, and that may have played against them. I will ignore the bad call on the foul ball/ground rule double as they still had the bases loaded with no outs and didn't get it done. The problem with the Angels is that they have tough pitching, and handled the Yankees on more than one occasion this year. They have a great lineup, and are all hitters. As far as storylines go, the Yankees are making a playoff run in the new stadium, but the Nick Adenheart (sp) story is much more compelling, and heartwarming. I know there is always the money issue, but the games are played on the field, especially this time of year. There sure won't be a Yankees sweep, but I'll bee rooting for one.

Mark

Gardy looked like he was going to rip his hair out for most of the series. The baserunning mistakes by the Twinkies were stupid.

BTW, if you were never a Jeter fan, you should be after those 3 games. I've followed Jeter closely since he came up and in these 3 games, he showed me again why he is without a doubt, a first ballot HOF. The man was born to play baseball.

I think the Angels/Yankees match up with be more suitable, more of an even match...

I agree, Jeter is 1st ballot all the way.

I'm still sticking with my prediction: Yankees over Dodgers in 6, but may not take that long.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I think the Angels/Yankees match up with be more suitable, more of an even match...

I agree, Jeter is 1st ballot all the way.

I'm still sticking with my prediction: Yankees over Dodgers in 6, but may not take that long.
    I am not looking ahead just yet either. Only thing worrying me about the Yanks is their dependency on the long ball when playing catch up. In game 2, why wont Damon try to bunt over a runner, especially when hes slumping. Angels are willing to play small ball and practice it all season.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Angels in the outfield. That's all I can think about, a movie that is will be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    I am not looking ahead just yet either. Only thing worrying me about the Yanks is their dependency on the long ball when playing catch up. In game 2, why wont Damon try to bunt over a runner, especially when hes slumping. Angels are willing to play small ball and practice it all season.

Excellent point, and the whole reason I keep saying the Dodgers will be there in the World Series to beat......that's the question.

Will the Yankees be able to beat the extremely well managed Angels, playing with their hearts? It ought to be a great series, but you Yankee fans better hold onto your hats. There could very well be another sweep left in the play-offs, and you may not like who ends up on the winning side.

That said, I'm still hoping the 1/2 Billion dollar club shows up and the series is between the Dodgers and Yankees.....I want to see Torre take his best shot at Steinbrenner.....one for "old time's sake".

I think the ALCS depends a lot on which of the modern day playoff underacheiver/choker (Vlad or Arod) continues to hit in October.

Sure you each had a nice ALDS but can you continue to do it when the stakes are just a little higher...

Ooooh! The team with the 200MM annual payroll, which committed almost half a billion dollars to free agents in the off-season, beat the team with the $65MM payroll. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.
    I hope the Angels run the arms off the Yankee$ catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    Ooooh! The team with the 200MM annual payroll, which committed almost half a billion dollars to free agents in the off-season, beat the team with the $65MM payroll. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.
    I hope the Angels run the arms off the Yankee$ catchers.
    Keep talking about how your jealous of the yankees. Again if your team had the money you would want them to do the same thing.