Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No jersey logo on Yankee sleeve

Just curious why the Yankees do not have a jersey logo on the sleeve. Are they the only team that doesn't?

Thanks

Re: No jersey logo on Yankee sleeve

Steinbrenner prohibits corporate logos or advertising on the Yankee jerseys therefore Yankee jerseys never had any manufacturer labels on the sleeves of their jerseys. It gets into the way of the pride and tradition and more importantly they don't get any $$ from it.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

Game jerseys have never had the supplier logo on the sleeve. Along about 2003 or so (I might be a year off), the Yankees did allow the Majestic logo on their BP jerseys only. Prior to that, if a BP top (Majestic or Russell) had a logo, it was in the same navy blue color as the jersey was, rendering it unnoticeable from the stands or on TV. The sleeve logo wasn't an issue in 1987-91, as Yankees gamers were made by Wilson during that five-year span, and the MLB contract for those 5 years was held by Rawlings.

I do recall a thread on GUF a few months ago that spoke of an Angel Berroa Yankees gamer that did have the Majestic sleeve logo, but that was a one-of-a-kind anomaly, not the norm.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

why do the bat boys and Old Timer's Game jerseys have the logos then?

Banned

I cannot speak for the Batboy Jerseys but the Old Timer jerseys are more made up spur of the moment depending on who is going to show up for the Old Timers game. So they just grab a bunch of retail Jerseys and sew that players number onto the back.

Banned

Also Angel Berroa was a last minute call up while they were on the road I believe and I would assume they didn't have the means in that short period of time to get a Jersey customized for him. So they just grabbed a retail Jersey and used that for him.

I do believe this may or something similar to this has happend before in the past where a retail Jersey was used for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I cannot speak for the Batboy Jerseys but the Old Timer jerseys are more made up spur of the moment depending on who is going to show up for the Old Timers game. So they just grab a bunch of retail Jerseys and sew that players number onto the back.
    my friend owned an Old Timers jersey and it had the same washtag as the game jerseys and was a size 46.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    my friend owned an Old Timers jersey and it had the same washtag as the game jerseys and was a size 46.
    From when?

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    From when?
    2008, the Majestic logo was sewn on the sleeve but was covered by the later Bobby Murcer armband.

Banned

When you say it has the same washtag as the game Jerseys, what specifically did it have?