Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Need Dodgers Game Worn Jersey Expert Help

Hi Rudy

I'm sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Just trying to get over another NLCS loss to the Phillies. Do you have items from Eithier, Kemp or Loney? I would really appreciate your help.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Mac670 View Post
    Hi Rudy

I'm sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Just trying to get over another NLCS loss to the Phillies. Do you have items from Eithier, Kemp or Loney? I would really appreciate your help.

Anthony
    Anthony,

I bought a real nice game used James Loney 2008 game used jersey from GUU. I can't wait to meet him at a signing and have him sign it. I also was at the last series between The Dodgers and the Giants in San Fran this year. We make the truck up there every year.......it's a GREAT time.

James Loney hit a bomb to deep right center, I want to say on Setember 12th (not positive of the date, and too lazy to check right now). My wife and I were on the boardwalk looking at the beautiful view of McCovey cove when it happened. That night, the Dodgers were lambasting the Giants like 9-1 (at the time). Loney's bomb was just a formality, but I grabbed my wife and dragged her back into the park as all the fans were heading out, and I found the guy who caught it. Turns out he was a Dodger fan too! I eventually talked him into selling me the ball, although he was real reluctant at first. I took pictures, and had him sign a letter of affidavit just for record.

Funny side note.....as I was standing there, relishing my favorite Dodger's home run ball (which can be seen being caught by the guy I bought it from all over MLB.com that night), and just enjoying the moment, a BIG plop of seagull poop goes "PLOP" right on my right shoulder close to my neck. When the games end there in San Fran, the seagulls swarm over and land to pick at all the wrappers and food left behind by the seats. LUCKY me. Fortunately, I was wearing my "Manny" jersey, and not my "Loney"......LOL. I should have known that was a sign from above on how the Dodger season would end. I made my way into the restroom and did my best to wash out the green bomb...

Fortunately, it all came out in the next wash.

But I have his 11th homer of the season......can't wait to get him to sign that baby too!!

Regards,

Steve

Steve,
    Great story. I was checking out Ball Park Heroes site last night. I happened to notice that there were a bunch of Dodgers jerseys from last year. Not sure if you had interest.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Banned

It's a variant of the Ballhawk good luck charm, Steve...you have a bird poop on you, and, presto...you get a home run ball (albeit purchased in this instance, not caught or chased down). Still, I'm glad it all worked out for you (including launering the shirt).

Steve

Really funny story! I think I'l give the Dodgers jerseys a shot at auction.

Anthony

great story!

curious how much you payed for the ball?
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Funny side note.....as I was standing there, relishing my favorite Dodger's home run ball (which can be seen being caught by the guy I bought it from all over MLB.com that night), and just enjoying the moment, a BIG plop of seagull poop goes "PLOP" right on my right shoulder close to my neck. When the games end there in San Fran, the seagulls swarm over and land to pick at all the wrappers and food left behind by the seats. LUCKY me. Fortunately, I was wearing my "Manny" jersey, and not my "Loney"......LOL. I should have known that was a sign from above on how the Dodger season would end. I made my way into the restroom and did my best to wash out the green bomb...

Fortunately, it all came out in the next wash.

Regards,

Steve
    Steve -

I hate to say it, but you should not have washed out the Seagull's 'gift' so quickly... in MANY Asian cultures, a bird pooping on your shoulder is considered a sign of good luck and if you clean it off immediately, it can turn to bad luck... maybe that's why your boys in blue didn't fair so well against the Phils???

Just giving you some grief, but the bird poop tale of luck is true...

- Chris