Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do you ever buy from Steiner?

Quote Originally Posted by s.carter
    Not looking to take sides on this but here's a crazy thought, anyone on here ever say anything positive about Steiner? They are the number one company in the industry from all accounts I get, they are getting bigger each day, Yankees/Steiner, Mets/Steiner, I have seen their stuff in catalogs for some of the biggest companies out there like AMEX not to mention they have deals with some of the biggest and best names in sports yet nobody on here ever has anything positive to say. I've had nothing but great dealings with Steiner, they treat me great and I'm far from a big spender, heck they invited me to a party this Friday to meet some of the 86 Mets. How is this possible that nobody has any good feedback on this board? Just a question I had.
    I think the point being made is that Steiner thru great marketing (inviting people to parties etc.) has tried to make everyone think that only items with their seal is the real deal. The point I was trying to make is that their product knowledge is slim to none! There are tons of items they sell as game used that I am sure would not pass the authentication process as to player characteristics etc. Again who, what, when, where. Steiner has made Yankees items availiable where it was tough to obtain before. But let's not forget "good" Yankees items were availiable B-4 Steiner.

I have never bought anything per se, but I have acquired three items via the auction route. All three items I acquired were below what the normal rate would be. The regular sale prices are way higher than I would pay, however.

I've only bought a couple things from Steiner, but I think they're great. I'd rather pay more for a real item than less for a fake one.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Banned

The point was brought up and it is correct, Steiner is a great company to their customers. Since it appears few of their customers are on this forum based on the comments we read here every day, it doesn't mean the company is doing a quality job with what they can offer.

Do they know what they receive from The Yankees all the time? No, but when you are given jerseys with numbers on back and no names, I can see where a mistake can happen from time to time.

Don't fool yourself, The Yankees do not keep the jerseys labeled who they belonged to so when David Wells and Jose Canseco are mixed up it is understandable to some extent.

I can only tell you about my own experiences with their wholesale group and they are great! Very coincidental that we are talking about Steiner and the Yankees, as I just got a detailed list this morning of Mike Mussina Yankees inventory and everything was precise as to year it was used/issued and in some cases they list specific dates/series.

Again from my own experience, the dozens of game used baseballs, bases, pitching rubbers, and home plates have all been specifically date marked. The jerseys I have purchased some times are year marked only and not specifically dated.

On the subject of pricing, it is a very subjective call as to what these should be priced at. As outrageous as a Jeter jersey seems at $10,000+, they get those prices.

Perhaps my situation sums up this line of thinking: Steiner has great stuff, and if I ever can get something of theirs on the secondary market at a decent price, I will.

Ken

Ken brings up a good point. They do have nice items, but I also would not pay the FULL REATAIL on their site. They have a Roberto Kelly bat for $400 listed. WHEW.

Den
    http://hometown.aol.com/calrima/myhomepage/profile.html

I was watching Yankees/Steiner Memories of the Game or whatever its called on the YES network the other night, which is a show where they showcase/advertise the memorabilia they sell. Anyway, Brandon Steiner is on there and they had a Mariano Rivera signed game used hat. He was going on about it, and said it costs $5000.

Come on, That price was ridiculous for an Arod hat, much less Rivera.

Jason