Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Carlton

Steve Carlton

I'm always interested to know what Steve Carlton game used items people have.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Re: Steve Carlton

Reid-
    I have the following game worn Phillies items in my collection:
    1982 pre-game/batting practice jersey and pants
    1983 World Series road jersey and pants
    1986 home jersey and pants (last shirt he wore at the Vet)
    1986 St. Patrick's green hat

One of the finest items I also have is Carlton's 1983 National League Champions ring.

I am always seeking quality game worn Carlton and better name Phillies jerseys for my colection.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Thanks, Howard. You know what I think of your collection. Incredible. I noticed earlier today that John Taube has Carlton's first ever World Series bat on his website - a true beauty. At one time, I owned Carlton's first ever All Star Game bat. Right now, I have his 1985 home Phillies jersey and his final ever game worn fielding glove. I would be particularly interested in obtaining early Carlton Phillies jerseys and fielding gloves. Anyone else have Carlton game worn items? I know of a forum member who has a killer Steve Carlton White Sox complete uniform (that came from the Mastro Carlton Collection - simply perfect). Anyone else?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Still looking for Steve Carlton game used (and unusual) items. Thanks,
    Reid

What are your thoughts on the Carlton helmet in AM's current auction? I understand Joe Hetrick was selling off a number of old Phils helmets. Is this one of them?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=29168
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Banned

The helmet looks legit, however, know what you are buying, here.

I have quite a few early 1980's Phillies helmets, and most have the spongy grey padding rotting. It's a real shame, as the padding is like a ticking time bomb. It's only a matter of time before the padding is completely gone!

From the looks of it, the Carlton may have the same problem. I suggest contacting Vick, Keeta or Col. Rask at AMI before placing a bid.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    I suggest contacting Vick, Keeta or Col. Rask at AMI before placing a bid. Howard Wolf
    The only photos I have of Lefty batting with the Phils show him wearing helmets without an ear flap; I really don't know about this helmet and I defer to Howard's evaluation. In addition to General James Rast and the other characters at AMI, Rocco is always a big help. How did that chant go again?

Banned

Reid-
    The helmet looks like early 1980's. As always, do your homework and try to locate a photo of him wearing this type of flapped helmet. I never noticed if he wore a flapless for part or his entire career, however, you have surfaced a great point.

As all sales are final at American Memorabila, you damn well better know what you ar buying. Does this have a LOA from Lampson?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    Reid-
    The helmet looks like early 1980's. As always, do your homework and try to locate a photo of him wearing this type of flapped helmet. I never noticed if he wore a flapless for part or his entire career, however, you have surfaced a great point.

As all sales are final at American Memorabila, you damn well better know what you ar buying. Does this have a LOA from Lampson?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Howard,

As you know, I have amassed a very good collection of Carlton photos...however, I don't have a ton of him batting and the ones that I do have show him in a flapless helmet.

As for your question, the answer is OF COURSE.

Reid

Bump.

Still looking for top Steve Carlton game used and game worn items. Other museum-quality Carlton items also of interest. Thanks,

Reid