Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Favre '94 Gamer...legit?

Hey guys, let me know what you think of this one. It seems to have the correct jock imprint for a '94 Starter. Is it the real deal?

Banned

Re: Favre '94 Gamer...legit?

In my opinion, does not look good.

Name on back should be on a nameplate. The "46" size tag should be sewn in the back collar. Starter tag on bottom is missing. Jersey looks way too big. Starter logos on sleeves? (I do not remember if they should or should not have this)

Combine this with the fact that there's been an extremely high number of blank game-issued 1994 throwback jerseys that ended up being lettered and numbered for Favre in the secondary market, and I'm automatically suspicious.

Most fall into the "nice-looking authentic jersey", but the overall number (32, I think) could hardly have been used in games. This one at least looks more realistic than those that had lineman-cut sleeves, but I'm wary just the same.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen. It's greatly appreciated

Over the past few years, there's been plenty of published banter regarding the excessive number of both Favre and Elway '94 Throwback gamers. While I've really not paid much attention to the specifics regarding the Favre jerseys, the most of the details regarding the Elway jerseys have been spelled out in a May 8, 2005 article on our web site entitled "Unique" Elway Jersey Abound (see http://endzone.pscoggin.com/gunews.htm).

Best regards,
    pws
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org