Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Historic Auctions- Coco Crisp Red Sox Jersey

FYI

Over 24 hours ago, I wrote the following email to Historic Auctions. I have not heard a response. Can anyone offer any insight?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello James

I am merely passing along what was emailed to me. Please let me know what you think

According to an email I received, A registered user of yours had concerns about the Coco Crisp jersey. He wrote

"The Coco Crisp first ever home Red Sox Jersey doesnt have any of the Red Sox tagging on it. There is a strip that is clearly put on all Red Sox uniforms including pants"

Please advise
    Eric
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a photo of the jersey in question. Again, I know nothing about this question- I am just passing it along...

Banned

Re: Historic Auctions- Coco Crisp Red Sox Jersey

I just saw James at SportsFest in Chicago, so he may not be answering email this weekend.

Crisp didnt play any home games until he got back from his injuries in late may - beginning June.... so unless he got this jersey then..i would question it

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...lineup_monday/

this article backs that up..so I think his first home game was May 25th or 26th. Didnt historic start May 22nd???

let me know your guys thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jboosted92
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...lineup_monday/

this article backs that up..so I think his first home game was May 25th or 26th. Didnt historic start May 22nd???

let me know your guys thoughts
    I saw this jersey a couple weeks ago, and my thoughts then and now were that Historic Auctions is really stretching the "used" part of "Game Used".

Coco hadn't played a single game at home for the Sox at the time this auction went live. Based on the description they've included I suspect they realized that and thought they were addressing it with their description:

Since entering the league in 2002, few center fielders have even come close to Coco Crisp. Apparently the Red Sox agreed, making Crisp a fixture in their organization for years to come. In three combined season, Crisp has nearly 500 hits and has always batted over .300. This Majestic size 48 home jersey was used by Coco in his first games as a Red Sox at home. This jersey was on his back during his first step on the field in Fenway Park. This jersey shows nice use, and came directly from the Red Sox locker room. Don't let this piece of Red Sox history pass you by.