Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Do you think you will ever find your holy grail?

Congrats Tony! It is always special getting it directly from the player!
    I guess with persistence, luck and cash almost anything is possible. My most prized collectible is my 86 Finals Larry Bird sneakers. I NEVER thought I would come across them and am blessed to be in the position to get them.
    This is a great thread guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I recently obtained my Holy Grail, which I never imagined I would. Directly from the player, a Game Used Fielding Glove. I consider that my holy grail, as a player fielding glove is the most toughest item to get.

So was it from A-Rod or whose glove was it?

Peyton Manning Game Used Tennessee Jersey.

I have never seen 1 for sale.

#2 would be a Michael Jordan Game Used UNC jersey.

Great feed, guys.......my holy grail is a game worn 1960's Oakland Raiders helmet.....also, a 1960's Baltimore Colts game used helmet. I have the sideline capes for these era's for these teams, and now looking for the matching era helmets. Thanks......the Pristine Auction Stabler helmet from the late '60's was awesome......just got too high up for me to bid any higher......so close!

Quote Originally Posted by sorklora View Post
    So was it from A-Rod or whose glove was it?
    Yes
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Mine is Larry Walker's #55 Expos jersey from 1989 Spring Training, so I'm guessing no.

I've been looking for a '79 and '86 Brian Downing home Angels jersey to go with my bats from those years. Haven't had any luck.

I collect Graig Nettles items and recently met him randomly at a hotel bar, that same night I found a Nettles Game Used glove. That has been my holy grail for the past 20 years.

Pretty crazy events in 24 hours.

For baseball, mine would be a 1988 or 1989 Glenn Hubbard Oakland A's jersey.

I'd love to get ahold of both the home white & grey road, but I've been looking for almost 20 years & have never seen either.

Obviously the obscurity of the item is the issue, rather than the value. I can't imagine anyone would be willing to pay more than I would, as I've picked up some Braves Hubbard jerseys at very reasonable cost. But I also imagine whoever owns it (if it's out there) isn't aware that there's a collector out there who's specifically looking for it above all others ha.

Related, but not a gamer: a few years ago a series of painted portraits of the 1982 Braves (supposedly gifts to the team at the end of that season) showed up at the National Sports Collectors Convention, and one was of Hubbard. I only saw photos online & there was no info about who the dealer was. I'd love to get my hands on that as well.

Fun topic.

Fortunately enough a few of my holy grails have been found, but the timing and pricing has never been right for me or I missed the opportunity and never saw it.

Found and sold on the public market include:

Willie Mays 1951 Minneapolis Millers
    -- most recently 2014
    Ted Williams 1938 Game Used Bat -- most recently 2015
    Carl Yastrzemski 1960 Game Used Bat -- most recently this year

The one I am hoping will one day surface is Ted Williams 1938 Minneapolis Millers Jersey. It would be neat just to see it. Not sure if I could ever afford it.
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints