Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: George Brett's last home game bat... NOT!

Well, here's the latest question and answer session I had with him. Seeing that you gave him the link to this discussion, he's probably upset now that his "gig is up", and that would explain his typo-ridden short answer to me.

My question:

Dear rjbmagic1974,

Hello again, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think the guy that gave you this jersey isn't honest. The last home jersey worn by George Brett had a different font in the number "5". It was squared off to a 90 degree angle, not "cut-off" at a 45 degree angle like the one you are offering. That is the case on the front, and the back. Also, the color of the numbers (and letters on the back of this jersey) appear to be a much brighter royal blue than the rest of the jersey, not a trait you would find on an authentic gamer. Perhaps this was a jersey belonging to another player which had the number changed, or a "blank" jersey that later had the numbers and "BRETT" applied to the back? In any case, it makes me weary to bid on the bat, which I was very interested in, because if the jersey is bad, in all likelyhood the bat is not what this guy is telling you it is either. It sure appears to be a great authentic game-used George Brett bat, but probably not a "historic" one. Good luck.

- suicide_squeeze

His answer:

Dear suicide_squeeze,

thank you fpr ypur opinion

- rjbmagic1974

Be looking for theses items to show up for sale soon on craigslist......

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    thank you fpr ypur opinion
    - rjbmagic1974
    Classic... photo evidence that it is a different #5 and its just one person's opinion. Of course I am not surprised, because his response to me was "I would not have anything in my collection that was phoney." Which seems like an odd statement for somebody asking a question about the items provenance.

oh well, not much more that can be done. He has been provided with clear evidence that it is not the last home game jersey, but refuses to listen. If he *was* an honest and misinformed owner, he is now a willing fraudulent seller.

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Classic... photo evidence that it is a different #5 and its just one person's opinion. Of course I am not surprised, because his response to me was "I would not have anything in my collection that was phoney." Which seems like an odd statement for somebody asking a question about the items provenance.

oh well, not much more that can be done. He has been provided with clear evidence that it is not the last home game jersey, but refuses to listen. If he *was* an honest and misinformed owner, he is now a willing fraudulent seller.

My friend, trust me when I tell you he was a willing fradulent seller before anyone asked him any questions. Sometimes......it's just so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    My friend, trust me when I tell you he was a willing fradulent seller before anyone asked him any questions. Sometimes......it's just so obvious.
    I should have listened to you and not even bothered...
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

The bat was relisted and sold with a $2500 BIN, but still containing the probably false claim that it was the bat from the last home game (since it was allegedly acquired from the same source that misinformed on the jersey). Still a great bat of course.

No further signs of the jersey being relisted as of yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell