• Show
Clear All
  • MichaelofSF
    • Apr 2007

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

2007 Alex Gordon GU rookie bat PHOTO matched used against the Yankees

and now the match:

another view

ball marks: (he went 3/4 on July 24th and 1/4 July 25th when he broke the bat)

Comment

• zookerman182
      • Jul 2007

That gordon bat is beautiful! Congrats on the match. It was perfect before that, now its even better.
      Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

sigpic

Comment

• MichaelofSF
        • Apr 2007

Thanks for the compliment. I picked it up in a charity auction from the Omaha Royals on ebay last month (link). The MLB hologram number isn't in the database yet. So I typed in some hologram numbers above and below it. The above numbers were from July 26th and the below numbers were from July 24th. Did some searching for images from that time and found some pictures from the 24th and 25th, even images of him breaking the bat. When the bat arrived I was happy to see all of the ball marks as they weren't in the ebay listing.

Comment

• zookerman182
          • Jul 2007

Looks like you got the bat for a fair price! Also cant beat money going to charity. The bat pictures you have look much nicer than the ones in the auction. I would say you found yourself a very nice bat.
          Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

sigpic

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

I came across some game footage on YouTube for Ed Hearn and got these stills. I have his 86 road jersey and want to know if this is a photo match?

Appreciate any opinions once again.

Thanks
            David
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• MichaelofSF
              • Apr 2007

I would say that the upper left (in respect to the jersey) corner of the "M" is higher up relative to the neck on your jersey than in the picture. In other words I think there is more space between neck line and "mets" in the picture than is present on your jersey. I could be wrong just my opinion.

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

The orange out line of the letter and numbers don't show up too well in the stills. This also gives the illusion that the end of the "t' crossing is farther away from the top of the "s" in Mets too.

It was hard to get a non-fuzzy still from the video unfortunately.

Thanks for the input Michael.

David
                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• kylehess10
                  • Feb 2006

This by far has got to be the most best-looking photomatch ever. I just got in a DVD of Game 5 of the 2000 World Series, with Kurt Abbott using the bat that I've had in my collection for about a year now. I have another post in this thread of this bat with more photomatched pictures of Derek Jeter picking up this bat after Abbott shattered it. Well.....here's video of the whole thing. This is amazing!

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

(You might have to pause the video once it first starts in order to let it load first)

Also during the at-bat, I was able to photomatch the blue ink-transfer that is above the MLB logo on the barrel of the bat, plus I could see more photomatches when the bat was rolling on the ground towards Jeter in the slow-motion replay. I can see all the other ink-transfers with it. Absolutely perfect matches
                  kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                  http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• shirkr
                    • Mar 2006

Waited in line at the Royals Fan Fest on Friday night and was one of the first to get in. Headed straight for the game used store and immediately snagged a Billy Butler bat. I noticed it was autographed but I did not notice the MLB hologram. Purchased the bat, came home, looked up the hologram number and it was a broken bat by Billy on July 21, 2007. Browsed the Getty Images stock of Butler from that night. One of the pictures is dead on, but the other pics from that night show the same bat. Enjoy.

Comment

• kylehess10
                      • Feb 2006

I have found a second photomatch for my Eli Marrero Opening Day 2006 jersey. I have this same pic of him breaking his bat from a front angle, and now I have the same shot from a back angle:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• brianborsch
                        • Dec 2005

Shirkr,

Nice bat. I had the jersey he was wearing that game too, but I sold it for like $300. It's out there...somewhere....

Brian B

Comment

• kylehess10
                          • Feb 2006

I photomatched my Emil Brown game used bat to August 28th, 2007. After he broke his bat, they showed a close-up of the bat on TV, and the marks match up perfectly!

Click on the picture below to view video of Brown breaking the bat:

Also I may have another match here from August 26th....the number on the knob and the TPX/MLB logo match up perfectly:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• indyred
                            • May 2006

Outstanding match on the Emil Brown bat. The video clip is cool to have with it.

Comment

• kylehess10
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by indyred
                              Outstanding match on the Emil Brown bat. The video clip is cool to have with it.

yea that's ofcoarse my favorite kind of matches.....video matches. This is the reason why I ALWAYS look at the MLB holo number before buying. You never know what you may find when it comes to photomatches
                              kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• dodgersfan
                                • Nov 2005

For some reason I cannot see the video,Anyone else having the same problem?

Rudy

Originally posted by kylehess10
                                This by far has got to be the most best-looking photomatch ever. I just got in a DVD of Game 5 of the 2000 World Series, with Kurt Abbott using the bat that I've had in my collection for about a year now. I have another post in this thread of this bat with more photomatched pictures of Derek Jeter picking up this bat after Abbott shattered it. Well.....here's video of the whole thing. This is amazing!

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

(You might have to pause the video once it first starts in order to let it load first)

Also during the at-bat, I was able to photomatch the blue ink-transfer that is above the MLB logo on the barrel of the bat, plus I could see more photomatches when the bat was rolling on the ground towards Jeter in the slow-motion replay. I can see all the other ink-transfers with it. Absolutely perfect matches

Comment

Working...