Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 17 of 145 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Re: PAT CATELLO

Does Pat Catello authenticate game used items for Dolphin game used equipment. I know he was equipment manager in past, I am just curious if he provides service or if he is affiliated with any authentication group.

Thanks

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Wily Mo Pena Red Sox bat. The Steiner letter states it is 2007 game used cracked bat. Has a hairline crack, tough to even find with all the tar Wily puts on his bats. Was glad to just get a small piece of history from the Red Sox 2007 season, even if Wily got traded late in the season. I looked up the MLB authentication serial # and it says vs. Seattle at Fenway. I check on MLB.com games and watch his 4-4 game at Fenway on May 3. Can see the marks match up from his first at bat. I then go back and and see if he used it before that game. His next previous at bats were in Baltimore on April 26. A game he hit a grand slam to win the game in the 8th. I was able to video match it to that game, even the grand slam at bat!

His at bat right before his grand slam in Baltimore.

His first at bat vs. Seattle in Boston.

Indy,

Nice bat and perfect photo match. I believe Wily Mo will be a great hitter someday!

Bobby

I would like to say I did a ton of research to find this photo-match, but it was actually really easy. I bought this pair of Shaun Livingston shoe and the person sent me a pair that was not the ones I thought I was getting. i was kind of upset because the ones I thought I was getting looked cooler. Turns out the pair he ended up sending me were a pair of playoff worn shoes that Shaun only wore during the 05-06 playoffs against the Suns and Nuggets. He had never wore color scheme before and it was a perfect match. You can see from the picture I purchased from Getty how good the shoes match the picture. I wish I could post the entire picture of Shaun putting down the slam in these shoes but the file is way too big to post.

Here is another photo-match I have. A fellow board member showed me the pic on Getty but I couldnt tell if the writing was on the shoes or not. Al Harrington wore this style for about 2 months after the death of his teammate Jason Collier. When I purchased the image it was clear to see that this was an exact photo-match. For some reason this was the only pair he wrote "Blessed", "Takeover 3" and "IMP Alton" on. Not sure of the meaning but would love to ask Al one day.

The Harrington Sneaker is not a match. In the game left sneaker's IMP the "I" is directly over the A in Alton and the "I" looks like a "J". Your sneaker the I(which looks like a "I" ) is over the T in Alton.
    In the game sneaker the 3 in Takeover 3 is below the R. In your sneaker the 3 is even with the r in takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    The Harrington Sneaker is not a match. In the game left sneaker's IMP the "I" is directly over the A in Alton and the "I" looks like a "J". Your sneaker the I(which looks like a "I" ) is over the T in Alton.
    In the game sneaker the 3 in Takeover 3 is below the R. In your sneaker the 3 is even with the r in takeover.

The second E in takeover looks to be different as well.

You dont think it could be the angle? Both E's loop upwards and could look like lowercase E's from a distance. I cant find another picture of Harrington writing that on his shoes. I looked back at pictures from the entire season and that was the only game he had those inscriptions from what I remember.

The more and more I look you maybe right on the Harrington's. The O doesnt connect in takeover. Oh well its a nice style match, and the Livingstons are a perfect match at least.

Mine is definitely closer than most of the people's "photo-matches" on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dwolfe12345 View Post
    The more and more I look you maybe right on the Harrington's. The O doesnt connect in takeover. Oh well its a nice style match, and the Livingstons are a perfect match at least.

Mine is definitely closer than most of the people's "photo-matches" on here.
    The Harrington tributes are written in the same hand as the getty pic. No telling if Harrington wrote them himself or had someone else do the writing (ie. equip. manager). It's not a true photo-match, but is a cool collectible.