Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Thanks Bobby- funny you say that because I contacted the Red Sox about any available Ortiz helmets & they said they had one "issued" helmet. So I went down today and saw this one and noticed that it was the exact same helmet that was auctioned off after the season. The 3 dots on the front are a dead giveway. They also had this helmet for sale during the season for a ridiculous price. I saw it everytime I went into the Team Store before games. They said the winner of the auction didn't like where the sticker was and they gave him the one other helmet they had. The one with the dots is the earlier season helmet based on photos and videos (clearly matchable). so whoever decided to switch helmets may have got what i'm assuming is the 400 HR helmet. Dammit! I knew they had sold the helmet that I now have a few months ago in the auction, so I was a little surprised to see that was the one they had available. Who knows what really happened. Not the 400 HR helmet, but I couldn't pass up such a slam dunk of a match with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cruwet View Post
    Thanks Bobby- funny you say that because I contacted the Red Sox about any available Ortiz helmets & they said they had one "issued" helmet. So I went down today and saw this one and noticed that it was the exact same helmet that was auctioned off after the season. The 3 dots on the front are a dead giveway. They also had this helmet for sale during the season for a ridiculous price. I saw it everytime I went into the Team Store before games. They said the winner of the auction didn't like where the sticker was and they gave him the one other helmet they had. The one with the dots is the earlier season helmet based on photos and videos (clearly matchable). so whoever decided to switch helmets may have got what i'm assuming is the 400 HR helmet. Dammit! I knew they had sold the helmet that I now have a few months ago in the auction, so I was a little surprised to see that was the one they had available. Who knows what really happened. Not the 400 HR helmet, but I couldn't pass up such a slam dunk of a match with this one.
    Cole,

Maybe Ortiz kept the 400th HR helmet.....you still picked up a nice piece! Congrat's again on your pick-up!

Best Regards,
    Bobby

This is my first photomatch, but a nice one: a 2011 Derek Jeter bat used in his run-up to 3000 hits.

Jeter used the bat in 9 games from 5/2/11 through 5/12/11, and got 13 hits (#2951 through #2963). After breaking his prior bat on a single off Justin Verlander on 5/2, he started using this bat his next time up against Verlander for another single. He continued to use the bat until he cracked it on a 7th inning single (#2963) on 5/12. He passed Sam Crawford for 29th place on the all-time hit list using the bat.

Jeter went on a little hot streak with the bat. At the start he was only hitting around .240 with no homers, 6 RBI's, and only 3 XBH's. He hit .317 with 5 RBI's using it, raising his average to .270.

Best of all, he hit 2 home runs with this bat on Mothers Day, 5/8/11, in Texas (#235 and #236 of his career). It was the 10th, and most recent, time in his career that Jeter has homered twice in one game. (The last photo is from the AB of the 1st of the 2 homers.)

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Cole,

Maybe Ortiz kept the 400th HR helmet.....you still picked up a nice piece! Congrat's again on your pick-up!

Best Regards,
    Bobby

Thanks again Bobby! I won't clog this up with more pics, but I've been able to difinitively photo match the Ortiz helmet to games going back at least as far as August of 2011. Really cool that Ortiz kept the same helmet over 2 seasons. Looks like this helmet could be the successor to your killer 2011 Ortiz lid!

My latest - Jerod Mayo 2012 International Series game used jersey. Didn't really need the photomatch but it was too easy to pass up.

Very Nice.......Gotta love those White jerseys on the Grass in London!

I know i have posted this on the College post but felt like it belnged here also.I finally found the jersey that Photomatched my 1981 Herschel Walker jersey from the 81 game vs USC. Notice the tear on the front above the #3. The #4 on the left sleeve I was able to match the holes perfectly. Notice the holes that aren't punched outon the 4. So glad to have a smoking gun picture.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UGA016 View Post
    I know i have posted this on the College post but felt like it belnged here also.I finally found the jersey that Photomatched my 1981 Herschel Walker jersey from the 81 game vs USC. Notice the tear on the front above the #3. The #4 on the left sleeve I was able to match the holes perfectly. Notice the holes that aren't punched outon the 4. So glad to have a smoking gun picture.
    Fantastic photomatch considering the age of the jersey and video!

Thanks Mickey!!n Man I looked for that picture for a long time. Feels great being able to see Herschel wearing it!!

Hanley Ramirez's game used bat during his first road trip to Marlins park in Dodger uniform. He only used one bat in the 3-game series, hit 6-13 with 5 RBI.