Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solarlottry
    • Jan 2009

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

I have been going thru all of my 1994 49er gamers and watching the games on dvd in an attempt to photo-match as many as I can. I have started with the shirts that have the "Bronco game tape" on them, thus identifying the game the shirt was worn in. This has made it a bit easier because at least I know what game to start watching in hopes of a match.

With the JO debacle and the emphasis on photo-matching becoming even more critical, I think this will enhance my collection greatly. Problem is that photo-matching is NOT easy!!! Even knowing the game the shirt was worn, finding a match can be very tough as there has to be something on the jersey to make it matchable.

All of the 1994 gamers I have (except the Rice playoff uniform) have been washed and some used for multiple games thus the shirts can appear very different than when used in the game specified on the LOA and on the "Bronco tape".

I started with the first game of the season vs. The Raiders and came up with a nice match right away.

Ken Norton Jr. home non throwback worn vs. Raiders with team letter. Matched to the hits marks/stains on the right shoulder and to the position of the NFL shield.

What was fascinating was many of the jerseys worn by the 49ers had tons of use at the start of the game. Some had obvious repairs and hits. I think many of the jerseys were worn the entire preseason and then to start the regular season. As the team sold them the shirts were replaced. When the team switched to throwbacks some were converted to throwbacks by changing the #s and removing the sleeve #s.

I have a few other jerseys from this game including:
    Richard Dent
    Bryant Young (possible as team letter states 94 season)
    William Floyd
    Ricky Watters
    Merton Hanks (possible- no tape identifier and team letter states 94 season)

I hope to post some additional photo-matches as they pop up.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer! Paying a finders fee for quality items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• chd49er
      • Jan 2011

Paul,

Nice match on the Norton! Based on more and more "so called" reputable sports memorabilia companies turning out to be frauds it does bring a lot of controversy on whether the jerseys sold are actually legitimate. The good thing is, you and I have piece of mind with our collections knowing without a doubt that every piece in our collections are are legitimate. Thats why we do the research, know our sources and our jerseys as well as pay the prices associated to know that what we are buying is without a doubt legitimate.

Keep them coming Paul!!!

Clay
      cdubois@carolina.rr.com

ALWAYS BUYING 49ER GAMERS AS WELL!!!

Comment

• lakeerie92
        • Oct 2008

Martin Prado bat broken in the 8th inning on June 1st. He hit a HR in the sixth inning and had a double earlier in the game. The pine tar is so heavy and wet that the only way I could lay it down was in a bat tube. It came from the Braves so there was no protective packing other than paper and there was pine tar all over the place. These are the matches to the HR and double.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqJ,!jIE3SBQI7+zBN3EzFrSRw~~_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	736739

Name:	$(KGrHqMOKpYE1q65p+bWBNm4zIGFjQ~~_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	736740
        Russell Wuerffel
        Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
        lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• lakeerie92
          • Oct 2008

Chris Parmelee MLB Debut and first MLB hit bat photo matched to his first MLB at bat. Purchased from a forum member.

Name:	P1010506.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	685778
          Russell Wuerffel
          Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
          lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• gameused
            • Nov 2005

David Ortiz photo matched Marucci bat. Ortiz clubbed a total of 3 HR's in August with this bat.

22nd HR (371 career) 8/8/11 vs Twins
            23rd HR (372 career) 8/10/11 vs Twins
            24th HR (373 career) 8/12/11 vs Mariners (video matched)

Thanks, Bobby
            hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Comment

• maverick14
              • Aug 2011

Can't stand the Sox but I can defitnetly appreciate a nice bat. That Ortiz bat is awesome. I love seeing bats that have been matched to multiple HRs, really sweet.
              -Randy
              rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• solarlottry
                • Jan 2009

A few new photo-matches to post.

Jerry Rice 2011 Madden launch Flag Football "game used" jersey-NFL Auctions

I also have the 2010 Rice Flag football "game used" jersey but have not found a match yet. The 2011 jersey is much nicer and Rice had it tied up in the back, which was still present when auctioned by the NFL.

Ricky Watters 1994 home non-throwback worn vs the Raiders with team letter. Matched by the loose threads on the front #s. The sleeves were cut very wide and were flapping around quite a bit during the game, thus they were sewn partially closed thereafter.

There are 2 loose threads that match up quite nicely, including the one on the top of the front 3 and on the down sloping medial aspect of the front 3. In my picture of the front of the shirt, the loose thread on the top of the 3 is pressed down against the #, but is there when brushed up.

I have found a match of my Stubblefield gamer with team letter stating it was worn vs. The Eagles as it was also worn vs. The Raiders. The nameplate is a perfect match.

I plan on taking better images of many of these 49er 1994 gamers this weekend, in an attempt to photo/video match as many as I can.

Always buying 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer! Paying a finders fee.
                Paul
                garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• solarlottry
                  • Jan 2009

A better image for the Ricky Watters 1994 non-throwback worn vs. Raiders photo-match.

The two loose threads on the front 3 match perfectly.

Also the sleeve #s and the Wilson W placement is a perfect style match. The sleeves, when the jersey was worn in the game, were cut almost to the armpit and were sewn up after the game. I wonder if RW was planning on wearing this shirt again. He decided to go with a jersey that was cut way short instead. In the next home game vs the Eagles, he wore a jersey similar to Deion Sanders's jersey, which was cut way short.

Pictures of the photo-match, repaired sleeve, size tag (48-which seems big) and of the shirt worn vs the Eagles (cut short) are all posted.

Both shirts have team letters and "Bronco tape". I am going to view the Eagles dvd tonight and try and match up the RW from that game as well as a few others.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49ers gamer! Paying a finders fee!!!
                  Paul
                  garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• gingi79
                    • Aug 2007

Martin Prado used the first half of 2009. Clearest Photomatch was June 12, 2009 at Baltimore
                    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• lakeerie92
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gingi79
                      Martin Prado used the first half of 2009. Clearest Photomatch was June 12, 2009 at Baltimore
                      That is a style match, but definitely not a photo match. The white mark next to the 125th anniversary logo is much closer in the photo than it is on your bat.
                      Russell Wuerffel
                      lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• gingi79
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lakeerie92
                        That is a style match, but definitely not a photo match. The white mark next to the 125th anniversary logo is much closer in the photo than it is on your bat.
                        Actually, like the residue that looks white above his hands, some of the marks were removed by continued use by Prado and faded over time while he used it and the collector who owned it before me while he got it signed admitted to "cleaning it up."
                        Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• lakeerie92
                          • Oct 2008

You can see the actual bat better than I can so that is definitely a possibility. I am trying to find more matches, but there isn't many 2009 Prado pictures. I cant even find the photo of him wearing the #1 jersey I used to see all the time. Great looking bat though. That is my favorite style Prado bat. I always watched the ones Zane had.
                          Russell Wuerffel
                          lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• lakeerie92
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gingi79
                            Actually, like the residue that looks white above his hands, some of the marks were removed by continued use by Prado and faded over time while he used it and the collector who owned it before me while he got it signed admitted to "cleaning it up."
                            The white residue is just the pine tar. They use rosin and it sticks and makes it white, but once the moisture gets to the rosin it is no longer white.
                            Russell Wuerffel
                            lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• solarlottry
                              • Jan 2009

Another nice photo-match obtained while watching the 49ers-Chargers 1994 regular season game.

I have been watching various 94 49er games in an attempt to photo-match as many of my 49er gamers as possible. I was watching the 49er-Charger video in an attempt to match up my Steve Young, Deion or Rice shirts but came up with other matches along the way.

Steve Young, during the game, took very few hits thus his jersey is extremely clean at the game's end. Photo-matching this type of jersey is not easy as there are few identifying marks, hits, repairs etc. Use of the placement of the NFL shield as well as the Wilson sleeve W and 75th patch can help. Loose threads can also be quite the savior.

In general these DVDs suck in terms of quality compared to todays technology, which makes matching that much harder.

One shirt that did have a fantastic match is my Ken Norton Jr. which has a huge blue shoulder mark that matches perfectly.

During the game his jersey got quite dirty but after being washed, it has lost 95% of that "game use". It is such a shame that teams washed and then sold their shirts. The fact that many teams re-used their gamers contributed to there washing.

As I watch more game film I will post more matches.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a hefty finders fee!
                              Paul
                              garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• hfd0035
                                • Aug 2011

Demarcus Ware Photo-matched GU Jersey and pants. 10/1/06 Dallas at Tennessee.

Not sure if my pics are good enough but if you look close you can see the markings on the right shoulder

Comment

Working...