X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nycpropain
    • Sep 2009

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Originally posted by gingi79
    Actually, like the residue that looks white above his hands, some of the marks were removed by continued use by Prado and faded over time while he used it and the collector who owned it before me while he got it signed admitted to "cleaning it up."
    Regardless it still dont line up.

Comment

• gingi79
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by nycpropain
      Regardless it still dont line up.
      We will just agree to disagree.
      Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• nycpropain
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
        We will just agree to disagree. You can have your unwanted opinion and I'll enjoy being right.
        I guess you missed the title that says post your photomatched items. But thanks for the advice though I oculd have sworn this was a forum of discussion.

Also since its unwanted I will save the part about the mark moving closer to the logo somehow.

Comment

• panthrotc
          • Dec 2005

Don't know if this counts.
          Inscribed glove used for McGwires 582nd HR
          Also have a picture from the actual at bat

Longoria 2009 Helmet - photomatched to 4 HR's

Here's the iron clad shot

Some type of blood stain

McGwire 93 HR Bat - usesd for 4 HR's
          Matched to 94 Fleer Ultra
          Rack mark next to adirondack
          And pine tar in middle barrel

Comment

• mickeymbz
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

2010/2011 devin hester jersey photomatched to high res getty pic

Comment

• solarlottry
              • Jan 2009

Some new photo-matches after watching more 1994 49er games on DVD.

The process of photo-matching is NOT easy. It is tedious, takes much patience, a sharp eye and time. I had to watch certain parts of various games, over and over, just to get the detailed image i needed. Plus when they broadcast these games, the idea of photo-matching was the least of their concerns.

In some games there may not be a single good shot of the player whose jersey you are trying to match. If the player is an offensive or defensive lineman, backup or a special teamer you may be lucky to catch a glimpse of their jersey and it can be from quite a distance away. The lack of hi-def plus the lose of clarity and detail with slow motion and freeze frame, makes it even harder to match things up.

Sometimes you get lucky with a quick match via a loose thread, placement of a patch or NFL shield, team repair or hits/field paint. Customized jerseys always make matching things up that much easier.

QB, WR, CB and kicker shirts are the toughest to match up. I have watched multiple 49er games and the jersey's of Joe Montana, Steve Young, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Doug Brien have survived in remarkably clean condition. There were games where both Montana's and Young's jersey were near spotless at the end.

Post game the team laundered the shirts so well that mud, copious grass stains and other hits/marks/field paint are no longer visible making matches that much more difficult.

My only UNWASHED 1994 49er gamer, a Rice throwback worn in the Divisional round against the Bears is an easy match compared with washed shirts (Floyd, Wallace, Brent Jones) from that game.

That being said, photo-matching, although frustrating at times (and I am trying to match shirts of which I know the game they were worn!) is such a thrill when you strike gold!!!

Someone should really start a service photo-matching gamers for a fee based on the jersey itself (year worn, identifying markers etc). I would pay to have my gamers matched up for sure!!!

After that long introduction I present a:

Deion Sanders 1994 throwback worn 12/17/94 vs the Denver Broncos. A style match was quick and easy but finding the little details of a true photo-match was not so quick.

First match-loose thread on Wilson W on right sleeve

Second match- another loose thread on the D in "SANDERS"

Third match- two loose threads where the nameplate attaches to the jersey on the upper right shoulder. The way the nameplate is slightly raised also matches up nicely.

Fourth match- placement of NFL shield as well as loose thread that comes off of shield. In the game images the thread points down but after laundering etc it now points up and has become looped.

I also am working on a # of other photo-matches from this game including Steve Young, Tim McDonald, Derrick Loville and Klaus Wilmsmeyer.

Always buying quality 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer and paying a hefty finders fee!!!

Paul
              garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• mickeymbz
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by solarlottry
                Some new photo-matches after watching more 1994 49er games on DVD.

The process of photo-matching is NOT easy. It is tedious, takes much patience, a sharp eye and time. I had to watch certain parts of various games, over and over, just to get the detailed image i needed. Plus when they broadcast these games, the idea of photo-matching was the least of their concerns.

In some games there may not be a single good shot of the player whose jersey you are trying to match. If the player is an offensive or defensive lineman, backup or a special teamer you may be lucky to catch a glimpse of their jersey and it can be from quite a distance away. The lack of hi-def plus the lose of clarity and detail with slow motion and freeze frame, makes it even harder to match things up.

Sometimes you get lucky with a quick match via a loose thread, placement of a patch or NFL shield, team repair or hits/field paint. Customized jerseys always make matching things up that much easier.

QB, WR, CB and kicker shirts are the toughest to match up. I have watched multiple 49er games and the jersey's of Joe Montana, Steve Young, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks and Doug Brien have survived in remarkably clean condition. There were games where both Montana's and Young's jersey were near spotless at the end.

Post game the team laundered the shirts so well that mud, copious grass stains and other hits/marks/field paint are no longer visible making matches that much more difficult.

My only UNWASHED 1994 49er gamer, a Rice throwback worn in the Divisional round against the Bears is an easy match compared with washed shirts (Floyd, Wallace, Brent Jones) from that game.

That being said, photo-matching, although frustrating at times (and I am trying to match shirts of which I know the game they were worn!) is such a thrill when you strike gold!!!

Someone should really start a service photo-matching gamers for a fee based on the jersey itself (year worn, identifying markers etc). I would pay to have my gamers matched up for sure!!!

After that long introduction I present a:

Deion Sanders 1994 throwback worn 12/17/94 vs the Denver Broncos. A style match was quick and easy but finding the little details of a true photo-match was not so quick.

First match-loose thread on Wilson W on right sleeve

Second match- another loose thread on the D in "SANDERS"

Third match- two loose threads where the nameplate attaches to the jersey on the upper right shoulder. The way the nameplate is slightly raised also matches up nicely.

Fourth match- placement of NFL shield as well as loose thread that comes off of shield. In the game images the thread points down but after laundering etc it now points up and has become looped.

I also am working on a # of other photo-matches from this game including Steve Young, Tim McDonald, Derrick Loville and Klaus Wilmsmeyer.

Always buying quality 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer and paying a hefty finders fee!!!

Paul
                garciajones@yahoo.com
                dang paul! how long did this take?? good job!

Comment

• solarlottry
                  • Jan 2009

dang paul! how long did this take?? good job!

Mick-it took hours. I watched the dvd 2 or 3 times and used slow motion during multiple portions over and over. The entire time I was taking images with either my digital camera or my Ipad.

These types of matches are so tough especially since there are so few shots of single players just standing still. Finding the detail one needs to complete a match can be frustrating at times because the dvd has to be frozen at exactly the right moment to capture what u need to photograph.

Plus, remember that I am matching gamers where I already know what game they were worn!!!!!

The Steve Young from the same game as the Deion (vs. Denver) has been much tougher to match than the Deion or Tim McDonald I own. For some reason TV coverage showed only a few shots of McDonald but tons of Hanks and Deion (thankfully and still working on your Hanks match Clay!).

My Young lacks things like loose threads etc. I will find something though as the more one views the dvd and examines the gamers, the more details emerge.

The Tim McDonald jersey has 2 white field paint marks which were easy to match up but hard to get that perfect shot of. Although he played the entire game, he was only shown briefly throughout the DVD. Still a quality match.

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a hefty finders fee. ANY 1994 49er gamer will be purchased at a great price and with the holidays coming I know someone out there needs $$$ so please sell me your 1994 49er gamers and buy presents!!!

Paul
                  garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• masp3392
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by mickeymbz
                    2010/2011 devin hester jersey photomatched to high res getty pic
                    nice match! love the hester jersey man, still my grail, when i get enough $$$ i'll be coming your way

Comment

• mickeymbz
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by masp3392
                      nice match! love the hester jersey man, still my grail, when i get enough $$$ i'll be coming your way
                      and i DIDN'T produce (or reproduce) my own dirt/grass stains!! :-p

Comment

• masp3392
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by mickeymbz
                        and i DIDN'T produce (or reproduce) my own dirt/grass stains!! :-p
                        lol dont get me started on that ...

Comment

• KeepmflyinTX
                          • Oct 2011

A 2011 Nelson Cruz Louisville Slugger M9 which is photo matched to the game on 04/18/11, Angels at Texas. Cruz singled to left during this at bat.
                          I am still trying to find additional games where it was used and finally cracked.

Comment

• frikativ54
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by KeepmflyinTX
                            A 2011 Nelson Cruz Louisville Slugger M9 which is photo matched to the game on 04/18/11, Angels at Texas. Cruz singled to left during this at bat.
                            I am still trying to find additional games where it was used and finally cracked.
                            Nice match. Congrats.
                            Les Zukor
                            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• solarlottry
                              • Jan 2009

An Eric Davis photo-match that was completely unexpected, as I was trying to match up my Deion Sanders gamer, worn vs. the Vikings.

When I am trying to match up a gamer I take as many photos as a I can of any other player who is standing still or of whom I can get a good shot.

Using this method an Eric Davis vs. the Vikings match was made. I knew that the shirt had been worn in that game but had not tried to match it up. Looking at Deion images I noticed a loose thread off of the Wilson W on the left sleeve of the Davis jersey.

A style match was quite simple with regards to the Davis and the loose thread gave me a solid match. The other sleeve also had a loose thread that was much harder to see, but upon closer inspection, it is also seen on another game photo.

Also note the placement of the D in Davis on the nameplate and how it is spaced a bit farther away from the other letters.

The Davis jersey is missing it's team letter but did have the "Bronco" tape which had been placed on the INSIDE of the jersey. When I won this shirt at auction the auction house had not even noticed the tape until I pointed it out.

Hopefully more matches to follow........

Always buying 49er gamers and ALL 1994 49er gamers and paying absolutely top $$$$ for ANY quality 49er gamer.

Also paying a finders fee of up to 500$ for the right shirt!! If someone has a Lee Woodall, Dennis Brown or Derrick Deese 1994 49er gamer or knows who does a hefty finders fee is yours!!!

Paul
                              garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• solarlottry
                                • Jan 2009

The Eric Davis that I previously matched to the Minn game was also worn a few weeks earlier vs. The Chargers. As I was photo-matching my Deion from the Chargers game I noticed that the Davis nameplate was exactly the same!

I also matched my Deion with team letter that states it was worn vs. the Chargers to that game. The jersey still has 4 loose threads on each corner of the nameplate which show up nicely in the dvd.

Now I am working on a few more matches including 3 94 Steve Young gamers (vs. NO, SD and Denver) as well as 2 94 Rice matches (SD and Dallas).

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er GU items and paying a ridiculous finders fee for the right item!!!

Paul
                                garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...