Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 80 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Huge thanks to PwKw13 aka Ken for this amazing swisher match. Used for 5 at-bats including extra innings. PwKw13
    PwKw13

2011 Jeter gamer used for several games at the end of May and Beginning of June

does this count as photo matched??

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    does this count as photo matched??

Thats a very cool match because all the pieces are there.

Ryan Braun SAM BAT 4-22-11
    1st AB (received a standing ovation from the home crowd for signing a 5 yr./$100 MM extension to stay in Milwaukee).

I have been going thru all of my 1994 49er gamers and watching the games on dvd in an attempt to photo-match as many as I can. I have started with the shirts that have the "Bronco game tape" on them, thus identifying the game the shirt was worn in. This has made it a bit easier because at least I know what game to start watching in hopes of a match.

With the JO debacle and the emphasis on photo-matching becoming even more critical, I think this will enhance my collection greatly. Problem is that photo-matching is NOT easy!!! Even knowing the game the shirt was worn, finding a match can be very tough as there has to be something on the jersey to make it matchable.

All of the 1994 gamers I have (except the Rice playoff uniform) have been washed and some used for multiple games thus the shirts can appear very different than when used in the game specified on the LOA and on the "Bronco tape".

I started with the first game of the season vs. The Raiders and came up with a nice match right away.

Ken Norton Jr. home non throwback worn vs. Raiders with team letter. Matched to the hits marks/stains on the right shoulder and to the position of the NFL shield.

What was fascinating was many of the jerseys worn by the 49ers had tons of use at the start of the game. Some had obvious repairs and hits. I think many of the jerseys were worn the entire preseason and then to start the regular season. As the team sold them the shirts were replaced. When the team switched to throwbacks some were converted to throwbacks by changing the #s and removing the sleeve #s.

I have a few other jerseys from this game including:
    Richard Dent
    Bryant Young (possible as team letter states 94 season)
    William Floyd
    Ricky Watters
    Merton Hanks (possible- no tape identifier and team letter states 94 season)

I hope to post some additional photo-matches as they pop up.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer! Paying a finders fee for quality items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Paul,

Nice match on the Norton! Based on more and more "so called" reputable sports memorabilia companies turning out to be frauds it does bring a lot of controversy on whether the jerseys sold are actually legitimate. The good thing is, you and I have piece of mind with our collections knowing without a doubt that every piece in our collections are are legitimate. Thats why we do the research, know our sources and our jerseys as well as pay the prices associated to know that what we are buying is without a doubt legitimate.

Keep them coming Paul!!!

Clay
    cdubois@carolina.rr.com

ALWAYS BUYING 49ER GAMERS AS WELL!!!

Martin Prado bat broken in the 8th inning on June 1st. He hit a HR in the sixth inning and had a double earlier in the game. The pine tar is so heavy and wet that the only way I could lay it down was in a bat tube. It came from the Braves so there was no protective packing other than paper and there was pine tar all over the place. These are the matches to the HR and double.
    Attachment 57258
    Attachment 57259
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Chris Parmelee MLB Debut and first MLB hit bat photo matched to his first MLB at bat. Purchased from a forum member.
    Attachment 57325
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

David Ortiz photo matched Marucci bat. Ortiz clubbed a total of 3 HR's in August with this bat.

22nd HR (371 career) 8/8/11 vs Twins
    23rd HR (372 career) 8/10/11 vs Twins
    24th HR (373 career) 8/12/11 vs Mariners (video matched)

Thanks, Bobby
    hawaii_five0@yahoo.com