Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Cole Hamels Photo Matched Career Win #100 MLB Authenticated

-Scott
    sjnyr@aol.com

Comment

• BVC
      • Feb 2014

Just got this Cano game-used helmet from the 2010 All-Star game. I was initially concerned when someone posted a Getty image here, of him wearing a different one during the game. Digging around, I found that all the Cano AP and Getty images from that game were from his second at-bat. Going back and watching his first at-bat on MLB TV, I found that he did indeed wear this helmet for a single at-bat.

Mears assured me (in writing) that only one of each of these experimental helmets was made for each player. Some wore them, some didn't. Cano obviously didn't like it enough to wear it twice.

Comment

• Hollywood Cannon
        • Oct 2014

Comment

• nycpropain
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BVC
          Just got this Cano game-used helmet from the 2010 All-Star game. I was initially concerned when someone posted a Getty image here, of him wearing a different one during the game. Digging around, I found that all the Cano AP and Getty images from that game were from his second at-bat. Going back and watching his first at-bat on MLB TV, I found that he did indeed wear this helmet for a single at-bat.

Mears assured me (in writing) that only one of each of these experimental helmets was made for each player. Some wore them, some didn't. Cano obviously didn't like it enough to wear it twice.
          I dont see a photomatch. Are we missing something?

Comment

• urzaworld
            Banned
            • May 2014

Originally posted by nycpropain
            an assurance by Mears (even in writing) isn't very re-assuring either

Comment

• BVC
              • Feb 2014

Probably.

Comment

• dcrules01
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by rchimes13@yahoo.com
                Always love when you can photo-match a pair of cleats...these are from 2013 NFL season worn by then Bengals rookie Gio Bernard.
                Very nice
                Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• tmpjets
                  • Jul 2008

Just realized in my most recent pick up of this 2014 Teal Mike Zunino Mariners jersey. That its the very one used in this Photo-file picture and same photo listed in the ESPN box score for that game on June 13 2014. Wow pretty cool. MLB Authenticated #HZ 288361. Now I just need to get it signed!

Comment

• nycpropain
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BVC

Also the all star logo appears to be further away from the rawlings logo on yours that the photo you posted. The one from the game appears to be nearly touching the rawling logo.

I dont think its the same helmet at all.

Comment

• BVC
                      • Feb 2014

Also the all star logo appears to be further away from the rawlings logo on yours that the photo you posted. The one from the game appears to be nearly touching the rawling logo.

I dont think its the same helmet at all.
                      I have multiple screen-grabs of the back of the helmet - all from the same at bat - and positioning looks different in every one. If you've ever done this before you'll know that because the images aren't clear on these screen-grabs, some of the details appear to be slightly-off.

This one does match, but thanks for your opinion.

Comment

• BVC
                        • Feb 2014

By the way - I completely understand what you are saying. Here's another screen-shot from almost exactly the same moment, but the star/rawlings separation is greater. Also, the brightness of the star outline caused a blurring of the dark area between the bottom of the star points, so it looks closer.

I also checked the decal locations on the backs of other helmets used in the game, and there isn't much consistency in location - this one can't be proven conclusively because there isn't wear and I can't get clear pics, but the decal location does look good.

I'm going to do more screen-grabs from a better screen and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

• BVC
                          • Feb 2014

Here's Zunino's 22nd home run of the year - September 25 at Toronto. He continued to use this bat through the end of the season, so plenty more marks - there is even a blue 'Rawlings' ball mark on it. The bat was finally cracked after his 2-RBI single in the Mariner's last game.

Comment

• BVC
                            • Feb 2014

Back to that Cano helmet...

It's been sitting on a shelf since I got it. I just had a look at it, and noticed the Rawlings label was coming off on both the left and right sides - a lot - and this is only occurred in the month I've had it. Then I noticed that there is sticker residue slightly to the left of that label - the sticker had obviously been moved slightly up and to the right. Unfortunately I could not get a better screen-grab, and there is only one game-use mark on it, which I could not match.

So you were right about the positioning, although it is very slight. As far as it not being the same helmet, I don't think that is true, but without any matchable game-use, you can never be 100% sure. Mears could have done something nefarious, but I doubt it.

Comment

• sctizzle
                              • Nov 2005

Got lucky in matching this one thanks to the imperfections on the L. This is Cole Hamels 2008 batting practice/press conference hoodie. Worn throughout the playoffs including the WS. They did not have a separate WS hoodie. Autographed on the front by Cole and his number is on the neck tagging.

And the match:

Pretty cool item since he won the WS MVP.

Comment

• flota89
                                • Jul 2009

2014 Adam Wainwright Game Used Away Reg/Postseason Jersey

Tough to photomatch these jerseys, but I think I have it matched to multiple games throughout 2014 as well as the playoffs. Also may have a match to his 100th career win.
                                Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                                flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...