Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

2008 Alds Dustin Pedroia Bat

I love the pedroia, did someone clean the tar off of it?!?!?! Because whoever thinks thats a good idea is a terrible person, great bat though non the less, im actually looking for a pedroia myself, purely on seeing people with beautiful gamers, over and over.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    2 Of My Game Used Items Are Photomatched. It's not just any picture of them wearing it, but the actual picture of them wearing them. Here's my Rafael Furcal game worn game-winning cleats from May 2,2003. I was lucky enough to find a pic of him from that night on Getty Images.
    Hey isnt this a style match?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Hey isnt this a style match?

lol...that was when I first started collecting. I thought a photomatch was if you knew when the player wore it....that's all I understood about a "photomatch"

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    I love the pedroia, did someone clean the tar off of it?!?!?! Because whoever thinks thats a good idea is a terrible person, great bat though non the less, im actually looking for a pedroia myself, purely on seeing people with beautiful gamers, over and over.

-Tony
    The pine tar is not removed, it is mota stick and it dries out. The bat was purchased from a highly respected member who would never alter a bat.

Just acquired this 2005 Reggie Sanders bat. Matched it to three games from June of that season. In the 6/26 photo, you can really see the line of ink transfer. In the other two shots, you can see the smeared TPX logo, along with miscellaneous ink and leather transfer. Plus, the tar gets progressively darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Just acquired this 2005 Reggie Sanders bat. Matched it to three games from June of that season. In the 6/26 photo, you can really see the line of ink transfer. In the other two shots, you can see the smeared TPX logo, along with miscellaneous ink and leather transfer. Plus, the tar gets progressively darker.

Forgot to mention that Sanders homered on 6/26, 6/28 and 6/29 -- so there's a good chance this bat was use to hit all three home runs.

Quote Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
    The pine tar is not removed, it is mota stick and it dries out. The bat was purchased from a highly respected member who would never alter a bat.
    Hey Rich,

I thought that Dustin Pedroia M9 bat and floor looked familiar........the reason why the pine tar area has changed in appearance is that after Pedroia applies the pine tar, he then takes a pitchers rosin bag and dabs it against the tar, the rosin bag is a white powder and when applied to the pine tar it offers a better grip.

That action photo of Pedroia must have been taken right after the rosin was applied to the center brand area of the bat, that's why it appears white......by the time I got the bat the rosin had already wore off.

Thanks,
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Hey Rich,

I thought that Dustin Pedroia M9 bat and floor looked familiar........the reason why the pine tar area has changed in appearance is that after Pedroia applies the pine tar, he then takes a pitchers rosin bag and dabs it against the tar, the rosin bag is a white powder and when applied to the pine tar it offers a better grip.

That action photo of Pedroia must have been taken right after the rosin was applied to the center brand area of the bat, that's why it appears white......by the time I got the bat the rosin had already wore off.

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Bobby
    the famous floor was a dead giveaway, thanks for the info, I stand corrected.
    it is a very nice bat also.........

Hamilton bat....just got from the Rangers...