Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Steiner 30% Discount

Quote Originally Posted by ereyes View Post
    The link that was sent previously on this thread shows how the code expired on August 27th, so everyone was aware that it had expired and took advantage of the situation. If you read the all the language on the link sent it states that Steiner Sports reserves the right to cancel any order.
    Nobody entered any codes, your site was automatically giving a 30% discount to ANY item put in their cart without utilization of any code. So, there's no language to read. Just saying.

Ok zooat2 I'll say it express it again, we are NOT voiding all order

Another reason this GUU board is so helpful, I just saw the discount when I was messing around on the Steiner site. No links or whichever emails that some of you receive.

Look on here and some people cautioned that the deal was over. Where would we be without GUU?!?!?!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

We understand that no code was entered, and that's why we're only voiding some orders. Not sure how else to express it. Let me ask you this if it was the other way around and the web charged you more than what you were suppose to be charged would you let it go as is? The answer is no of course.

- I know, I know not all of the orders were canceled...

- The fact of the matter is you're STILL making money! Including the discount!

- I own a business and there have been a # of times where I have incorrectly priced items, but I let it go because I VALUE the customer, its basic Retail Business 101....I'm still making money on the item, maybe not as much as I could have, but its still money in my pocket...and who knows, maybe if it was its original price it would have sat there on the shelf for years collecting dust..

- And for the record, I didn't purchase anything either, all I'm saying is do right by the customer for crissake!

another long list of black eyes for Steiner, just man up and honor the discounts. lets see you sell 200% over book value and with 30% off, you still are making 170 %, its a shame this is a good way for Steiner to fix all their screwups for all these years and they blow it.........

Banned

To defend Steiner. A computer glitch is different then if you called the rep and he said ok your total is x. Then he calls back next day and is like I am sorry but that price I gave you yesterday is wrong. Computers make errors. And here everyone who bought knew or should have known the sale was not applicable. Most of the purchases would likely have ended up on Ebay at a markup anyway. When I saw this thread Saturday I was fuming mad at Steiner because the sale was much less than I had offered them for several Yankees jerseys. My thought was they have the nerve to reject my offers and then sell the items cheaper at a sale they don't tell me about. At those prices they had to be losing money on some of those items.

As I stated in my original post I've never purchased anything from Steiner before up until this weekend.

I had absolutely NO idea about the discount until I was ready to check out with the jerseys I had purchased & they automatically deducted the 30%.

I assumed this was just some awesome discount they were offering & that's why I originally made this thread & emailed them that night, to find out how much longer the sale would be going on for.
    I had decided to go ahead & buy a handful of other jerseys assuming the sale would continue another day or two.

But I'm really not upset though, I understand mistakes are made & as long as I do get my money back then I'll probably end up buying all the jerseys I was interested in, when I can afford them. lol

I am having an awesome string of bad luck lately though with memorabilia.

- NBA Auctions lost one of my packages.

- Grey Flannel said their auction had a glitch & that's why I lost out on the Jordan game used bat I thought I had won.

- A pair of game used shoes I won off ebay got sent to a neighbor of mine, fortunately they did give them to me a few days later.

- The Steiner glitch.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by LWMM View Post
    http://www.steinersportsmarketing.co..._20100827.html

Note the fine print: ** Product Exclusions include: Meadowlands Seat Pairs, Yankee Stadium Seat Pairs, Game-used Jerseys, Game-used Bats, Autographed Game-used items and products featuring Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez or Mariano Rivera.

They aren't voiding all orders, maybe just the orders that were used to purchase the items in the fine print.

This post isn't directed toward LWMM216118

right, so the Midnight Madness code was for Friday only but if 30% was deducted for another day can't someone say this was for a new unnanounced promotion?