Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
Well, yet again I have found another photomatch.

And here's the only matches I could find from the previous game:

There is a loss of paint from the bat weight, and there is a small portion that had a little "hump" taken off, which I believe can be seen in this picture:

With the way "11" is written more to the right, PLUS the fact that it lines up with his name on the barrel, I'd consider this a really nice match:

1. on how many of his bats did renteria likely use a batting donut?
2. on how many of those bats would the donut fall into the same place every single time?
3. do batting donuts typically leave impressions after numerous use?
4. on how many of his bats did renteria likely write his number, in silver sharpie, in similar penmanship?

the photos don't do it for me. in the first one, what you've circled isn't the same exact, uniquely-shaped absence of paint. it's, at best, a very blurry and faint smudge. maybe not even that. i'm squinting at it and i still can't tell what it is. maybe it's not even a donut impression. looking at it, it may be a dent. maybe a smear. it's not even clear what the image shows much less that it's undoubtedly the exact same donut impression as seen on your bat. in other words, there's doubt. kyle, you've got a sharp eye but sometimes i feel you're really stretching things. you know what a photomatch is; it leaves absolutely no doubt. it's not 2 vague, blurry, blobs whose only similarly is their approximate placement.

rudy.