• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roar84
    • Feb 2012

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

[QUOTE=DUTCH613;294662]
    Originally posted by DUTCH613
    2012 Miguel Cabrera SAM Photomatched to his 100RBI and HR's on 4-24-12 and 4-26-12

-Ryan

Sorry 1000 RBI not 100.
    Nice bat and great photomatch!!!

Comment

• DUTCH613
      • Mar 2012

[QUOTE=roar84;294847]
      Originally posted by DUTCH613

Nice bat and great photomatch!!!
      Thanks man! Much appreciated!! And thanks again for shooting me those pics from opening day to match my SAM too!. Hope all is well.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by UGA-1
        Here are photo matches for my 1982 Herschel Walker jersey.
        That match is SPECTACULAR! Well done sir!!

Comment

• cruwet
          • Mar 2008

2012 Jason Rekpo Throwback jersey worn in the 4/20/12 100th Anniversary game vs the Yankees. This match was a slam dunk!

Comment

• Brinmill76
            • Jan 2010

Markakis bat that was used on 5-27-2009. When Nick signed it he told me this bat was made for when he had to face Mariano Rivera.

Comment

• gnishiyama
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Brinmill76
              Markakis bat that was used on 5-27-2009. When Nick signed it he told me this bat was made for when he had to face Mariano Rivera.
              I'm curious as to what Markakis meant by that? Does that bat have
              a thicker handle to prevent breakage?
              Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• Brinmill76
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gnishiyama
                I'm curious as to what Markakis meant by that? Does that bat have
                a thicker handle to prevent breakage?

This bat is smaller than the ones he normally uses, definitely shorter, it also has a pretty good amount of tape around the knob. I would have to assume he was referring to the size of the bat and tape job.

Comment

• gnishiyama
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Brinmill76
                  This bat is smaller than the ones he normally uses, definitely shorter, it also has a pretty good amount of tape around the knob. I would have to assume he was referring to the size of the bat and tape job.
                  Wow that's pretty cool. That's respect right there when you use
                  a special bat just for a specific pitcher.
                  Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• PwKw13
                    • Feb 2009

An early career Matt Kemp X-Bat photomatched to a 5/20/08 Getty image versus the Reds.

Comment

• solarlottry
                      • Jan 2009

While trying to match my new acquired Bart Oates playoff/SB jersey, I was able to match my Ricky Watters home throwback supposedly worn in the NFC championship to the divisional round vs the Bears, played the week prior.

Ricky Watters game worn home throwback worn vs Bears with team letter and "Bronco tape" stating that jersey was worn in NFC Championship. Photo-matched by loose thread in armpit next to customized sleeves.

The interesting thing is that I have not been able to match the jersey to the NFC Championship! It would not be the first time that the team mixed up jerseys and LOAs as I have seen this before with a Steve Young 1994 throwback. What is even more interesting is that it was done by the equipment manager as the cloth tape on the nameplate states "DALLAS 1/15/95".

If the jersey turns out not to have been worn in the NFC Ch. then I can live with that as I have Rice's, Brent Jones's, Rickey Jackson's, Bart Oates's, Derrick Loville's and Tim Harris's jerseys from the divisional round.

The jersey has been washed but shows nice use but an NFC Championship gamer vs a Divisional Round gamer are two different things. Just another day in the GU hobby world!

Always buying 49er GU!
                      Paul
                      garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• CampWest
                        • May 2008

Thanks to MLB for this one. I got a "reward" for voting in the ASG final man vote, a free temporary subscription to MLB.TV. So I started searching for a couple photomatches. This bat first hit the market from a June-July 2010 auction hosted by Miguel Cabrera. I figured he personally acquired the bat from Billy in the early June Tigers at Royals series. So I started there and worked my way back to 5/31/2010 when I photomatched this bat to the at bat when it broke in the second inning. Photomatched it to the game before on 5/30/2010, and could tell it had a lot of previous use. So I went back to the most recent HR on 5/26/2010 and photomatched to that as well. So, looks like this bat was used for close to a week. The highlight being HR #5 of 2010, which was career HR #45.

sigpic
                        Wes Campbell

Comment

• CampWest
                          • May 2008

Just for fun, I went ahead and also matched the bat to a walk and two doubles on 5/25/2010.

And to all four hits in a 4 for 5 with a double on 5/23/2010.

By my count I'm up to 8 games of use from 5/23/2010 to 5/31/2010, including a HR, 3 Doubles, and a 4 for 5 game. A span totaling 13 for 28 (.464), with 3 Doubles and a HR.

Originally posted by CampWest
                          Thanks to MLB for this one. I got a "reward" for voting in the ASG final man vote, a free temporary subscription to MLB.TV. So I started searching for a couple photomatches. This bat first hit the market from a June-July 2010 auction hosted by Miguel Cabrera. I figured he personally acquired the bat from Billy in the early June Tigers at Royals series. So I started there and worked my way back to 5/31/2010 when I photomatched this bat to the at bat when it broke in the second inning. Photomatched it to the game before on 5/30/2010, and could tell it had a lot of previous use. So I went back to the most recent HR on 5/26/2010 and photomatched to that as well. So, looks like this bat was used for close to a week. The highlight being HR #5 of 2010, which was career HR #45.
                          sigpic
                          Wes Campbell

Comment

• Mulligans
                            • Dec 2009

Not sure if this was the play that caused the tear on the back, but thought it was pretty cool.

Comment

• PwKw13
                              • Feb 2009

Here's an Evan Longoria Louisville Slugger I13 from 2009 that had two eyes drawn on the barrel in marker. One was later smeared on contact.

Comment

• PwKw13
                                • Feb 2009

A Chipper Jones Rawlings 794A photomatched to a USPresswire photo of him hitting a home run in 2006. The caption reads:

Sep 02, 2006; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones (10) hits a two run home run off of Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Eude Brito (58) (not pictured) in the first inning of the second game of a double header at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA.

Comment

Working...