Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartakid
    • Oct 2008

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

[QUOTE=spartanservitto;219292]Im going to have to disagree, when the hologram specifies the inning and game, and I see a bat cracked in half that is identical to the bat I purchased.... odds are there wasn't another bat cracked in half that inning.... But hey marks are marks right.

-Tony[/QUOTE

I, nor to I think anyone else, is questioning that it's the same bat, I'm sure it is. As you said, another bat wasn't cracked that same inning, no question. But to call it a photomatch must be a distinct characteristic that differentiates it from all the other Phoenix bats he used.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• lakeerie92
      • Oct 2008

[/QUOTE
      I, nor to I think anyone else, is questioning that it's the same bat, I'm sure it is. As you said, another bat wasn't cracked that same inning, no question. But to call it a photomatch must be a distinct characteristic that differentiates it from all the other Phoenix bats he used.[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous. Everybody knows it is the same bat but you all want to nitpick every little detail. I am pretty sure the differentiating characteristic is the missing handle. Unless Miggy doesn't use handles. He matched his bat to a photo. I think that makes it a "photomatch". Just because he didn't match an ink transfer or rack streak doesnt change that. Spatan congrats on your photomatch and hopefully everybody that disagrees can find a more constructive use of their time.
      Russell Wuerffel
      Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
      lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• mbrieve
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lakeerie92
        Ridiculous. Everybody knows it is the same bat but you all want to nitpick every little detail. I am pretty sure the differentiating characteristic is the missing handle. Unless Miggy doesn't use handles. He matched his bat to a photo. I think that makes it a "photomatch". Just because he didn't match an ink transfer or rack streak doesnt change that. Spatan congrats on your photomatch and hopefully everybody that disagrees can find a more constructive use of their time.
        Chill out. I don't think anybody is doubting the bat is genuine or if the bat is the same bat. That is not what is being debated here. The definition of a photomatch is definitively matching a game used piece to a photo or screen grab. This one would seem to be a pretty simple one to pull, but it might mean removing the tape and comparing the crack itself.

You're right, photomatches are nitpicking...that's kind of the point. As it stands, the photos provided do not consist of a photomatch.

Comment

• joelsabi
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by spartanservitto
          Im going to have to disagree, when the hologram specifies the inning and game, and I see a bat cracked in half that is identical to the bat I purchased.... odds are there wasn't another bat cracked in half that inning.... But hey marks are marks right.

-Tony
          Tony,

if anything the match is underneith the tape where the crack is formed. congrats.
          Regards,
          Joel S.
          joelsabi @ gmail.com
          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• LWMM
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by spartanservitto
            Im going to have to disagree, when the hologram specifies the inning and game, and I see a bat cracked in half that is identical to the bat I purchased.... odds are there wasn't another bat cracked in half that inning.... But hey marks are marks right.

-Tony
            The point of a photo match is that it stands alone; so, while after considering the photo and the hologram one can say with pretty much 100% certainty that the Cabrera bat is the same one broken in the given at bat, a photo match should be able to identify the bat as the same one without any other supporting information. As it stands right now, the hologram is needed to show that the bat is the same one (although as noted, removing the tape would offer a much better shot at a photo match). Mind you, that's just about the best ever style match you could get.

Comment

• cliffjmp33
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by indyred
              Pretty sweet to match it to World series at bat. Nice helmet.
              Thanks! I took a little bit of a gamble knowing it was Game Used from 2009, but had a good feeling it was used throughout the season into the World Series. Glad i was right!

Now I'm wondering if it's the only helmet he ever had with the Yankees and if so, he wore it for the last HR in Old Yankee Stadium.
              Cheers,
              Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
              My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• nycpropain
                • Sep 2009

Its pretty simple a photomatch is an item with a distinct characteristic. such as a scuff, ding, scratch, crack, rip, pin stripes match up, loose thread, grain of wood etc something that can be compared to the item side by side in photos.

Several of the items posted here are style matched since all they are doing is posting a picture of the item and the player wearing something that looks like it which in the end means you have an item which looks like another. The point of a photomatch is to add to a COA/HOLOGRAM as its been shown before coa and holos can be wrong no matter who is issuing it.

Comment

• spartanservitto
                  • May 2010

Thanks for the support everyone, im not un-taping it, it's too much of a hassle. Its the same bat, photomatch of not. Ill trust MLB.

-Tony
                  sigpic
                  Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                  My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                  My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• salmon
                    • Oct 2010

Where do you get your photos to match your items? I have a road Yankees game jersey that I am trying to photo match. Thank you and have a good day.

Comment

• indyred
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by salmon
                      Where do you get your photos to match your items? I have a road Yankees game jersey that I am trying to photo match. Thank you and have a good day.
                      go to teams websites, most have game day galleries from every game. Also getty, uspresswire, photofile ect, do seach on this site, been all kinds of threads on different picture sites to look at.

Comment

• soxfan
                        • Jan 2010

OK....so what does everyone think of this possible match??

It is some weid writing on the shaft in silver marker.

Its very hard to find good, matchable photos fro GU sticks.

Jeremy
                        macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Comment

• zookerman182
                          • Jul 2007

Photomatched Game Used Ryan Braun bat from the 2010 season. Its an all black RockMaple bat and the giant white scuff on the barrel made this an easy one.

Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

sigpic

Comment

• indyred
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by soxfan
                            OK....so what does everyone think of this possible match??

It is some weid writing on the shaft in silver marker.

Its very hard to find good, matchable photos fro GU sticks.

Jeremy
                            macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Could be a great find. If you could only blow that picture up some and get a better view of that writing.

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                              • Apr 2007

Golden Tate Notre Dame game worn jersey

Comment

• lakeerie92
                                • Oct 2008

I recently purchased a Ryan Zimmerman bat and was able to photomatch it to 3/22/2010. His number 11 was written on the outer part of the knob because Dunn's 44 was mistakenly written and scribbled out in the center. Several other marks and a strand of dark grain that runs from the center label to the Genuine stamp also match up.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1891.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	732213
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1892.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	732214
                                Russell Wuerffel
                                Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                                lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

Working...