X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gorilla777
    • Aug 2009

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Originally posted by CampWest
    I apologize in advance, this is going to be a long one... I feel I need to set the stage... June 2012, the All Star Game in Kansas City is just 3 weeks away and all the Royals are trailing miserably in the All Star vote. Billy Butler is on a tear hitting .300 and leading the team with 11 home runs and 37 RBI. The city is clamoring for Billy to be the All Star Game representative. Eric Hosmer looks pretty lost and is struggling with a .220 batting average.

The Royals go to their cross state rivals for a weekend interleague series against the Cardinals, who have been bitter rivals since the 1985 World Series. Ned Yost does the normal thing for a team struggling to score runs... he benches his best hitter for all three games of the series and keeps the struggling Hosmer at first base. Hosmer goes 3 for 16 (.1875) dropping his average even further. In the first two games Billy gets just one at bat and Royals fans with an eye on the ASG are growing angry.

Sunday afternoon, Father's Day... Cardinals take a 3-2 lead into the 9th inning and bring in closer Jason Motte. Motte easily strikes out Moustakas and Alcides Escobar to start off the inning. Down to their last out, Yost finally calls on Billy Butler to pinch hit for hapless backup catcher Humberto Quintero. Motte throws two fastballs right past Butler to take the count 0-2. Stadium erupts. Fans on their feet. From my Dad's living room, I say, "Come on Motte, throw that fastball one more time."

Then this happens. Easily one of the favorite Billy Butler moments to date for any Royals fan...

Anyhow, I bring all this up as I just photomatched the helmet that Ben/Gorilla picked up for me at an All Star Game watch party charity event hosted by Rex Hudler... Thanks Ben!

Also, photomatched to subsequent home run on June 19.

Glad to help out, Wes, and great work on finding these matches.

Ben

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
      • Jul 2010

Austin Jackson used Andy Dirks bat.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
        • Jul 2010

Jason Heyward HR Bat. The bat is authenticated to the day after he hit the HR.

Comment

• sportscrazy13
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
          Jason Heyward HR Bat. The bat is authenticated to the day after he hit the HR.
          Nice Heyward!
          Gary
          gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
            • Apr 2007

My newly acquired Rolen throw back. Thanks to Cubsfan4life for the image of Rolen.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
              Banned
              • May 2013

Hey scottishcowboy so thats what those little chest plate things are for? To put strings through them to stretch the jersey so its not tight around the neck? I've always wondered what they were there for.

Comment

• scottishcowboy41
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
                Hey scottishcowboy so thats what those little chest plate things are for? To put strings through them to stretch the jersey so its not tight around the neck? I've always wondered what they were there for.
                It just keeps the jersey in place better, should another player grab the jersey when tackling, or for a hold. With the new Nike jerseys from 2012 this feature is now history.

Comment

• VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
                  • Feb 2012

Photomatch Needed... Please Help...

This Jersey Was Game Used By Eli Manning On Sept 25, 2005 Vs. The San Diego Chargers...

All Pics That I Can Find Are Mostly From Early In The Game And Not Much To Go Off Of On The Jersey. Anyone With Access To Older Game Footage Or Pics Would Be Extremely Helpful And Appreciated.

$50.00 As A Gift Will Be Sent Immediately To The Person's Paypal Account Who Can Help Me Find A Definitive Match...

Thanks So Much.

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                    Banned
                    • May 2013

Micky aww man discount rate I hope lol. Howard = Soon to be Houston Rocket haha. Beautiful piece. You know me I'm a huge rev30 guy like yourself. Very easy photo matching.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                      • Sep 2012

My first ever photo match! Lucky for me. I was actually at this game in the crown seats when Salvador Perez hit his first walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th. I had no clue when I bought the bat that it would be the SAME BAT!! Thanks to DODGER and Wes for helping me out on identifying this bat!

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                        • Sep 2012

I meant to say FIRST CAREER WALK OFF HOME RUN!!!!!! And so far, his only one!

Comment

• GoDodgers32
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sportsnbikes
                          My first ever photo match! Lucky for me. I was actually at this game in the crown seats when Salvador Perez hit his first walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th. I had no clue when I bought the bat that it would be the SAME BAT!! Thanks to DODGER and Wes for helping me out on identifying this bat!
                          Such an awesome piece.. congrats man. Glad I could help!

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                            • Sep 2012

Hey Dodger. 2 questions.

Did you see me and my girl in the 3rd row to left of home plate. It's a blonde gal long hair and I'm wearing a powder blue all star shirt.

Did you happen to catch the part of the bat that he hit the HR off of?

Comment

• GoDodgers32
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sportsnbikes
                              Hey Dodger. 2 questions.

Did you see me and my girl in the 3rd row to left of home plate. It's a blonde gal long hair and I'm wearing a powder blue all star shirt.

Did you happen to catch the part of the bat that he hit the HR off of?
                              Here's a pic as soon as he hit the HR, looks like its on the opposite side of the Marucci logo, & I believe that's you guys also in the same pic haha

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                                • Sep 2012

@Dodger

LOL. Yep that's her below the 9th and me under the 1-1. Great pic...Can't wait to show her!

Comment

Working...