Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Picked up this 2004 Tom Glavine game used road grey. This jersey has heavy use and wear and may even be unwashed. I think this is a photo match.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• esigs
      • Aug 2012

Here's my first attempt to photo-match a jersey. It is the Toronto Blue Jays road jersey Yan Gomes wore in 2012. In total, Yan played in 43 games with the Blue Jays in 2012, and they wore the road gray jersey in only 12 of those 43 games. In addition, in 5 of the 12 games, Yan came in as a substitute, and therefore, the jersey shows light use, and even though there are some loose threads, I couldn't find any pictures of him wearing this jersey late in the season.

The MLB Authentication states it was worn on 09/24/12 when the Blue Jays played a doubleheader against the Orioles. They wore the road jersey on game 1, which Yan didn't play but was on the bench, and the blue alternate on game 2, which Yan played.

The pictures showing Yan wearing the jersey are from the 08/04/12 game vs. the Oakland A's, and they appear to be from the warm up prior to the game. Yan started this game and played through the 9th inning.

Picture 1 - Front and Back

Picture 2 - Front close up
      There is a velcro between the 2nd and 3rd buttons, and it happens to be where the 2nd "O" in Toronto is. Both the game picture and my jersey picture (darker gray) show the stitching of the velcro partially visible inside the "O" in the same location (like a clock showing 3:30). For comparison, I have Ricky Romero's jersey next to mine and on his the stitching is not in the same location (the horizontal stitching is lower inside the "O").

Picture 3 - Back Letter "G"
      On the second picture, the letter "G" on his name shows a different light pattern on two spots at the base of the letter. My jersey's "G" also shows that same light pattern (hard to see as I took my pictures indoors).

Picture 4 - Back MLB Logo
      On the third picture, below the MLB logo there is a bump where there is a seam on the inside of the back collar. The bump is not centered with the logo, as it is more to the right than left of it (when looking from the back).

I would be very interested in your opinion whether there is sufficient support for a match.

Comment

• spartanservitto
        • May 2010

Prince Fielder photomatched to home run I'm Tampa June 29th... Second person to ever hit a ball off the catwalk. Thanks for the help Rich.

-Tony
        sigpic
        Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
        My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
        My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• Rubaseball24
          • Mar 2013

I have a pair of Michael Youngs autographed cleats from his days with the rangers I only had the picture of the one currently on my phone but was able to photo match them.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
            Banned
            • Aug 2005

Attached are scans from by Bill Dudley Lions gamer. The card is a 1948 "exhibit" card. When you compare the jersey to the card, we can see a fabric run for the entire length of the open portion of the #3 as well as damage to the bottom of the top of the #3 and the top of the bottom potion of the #3.

It was apparent that the jersey was worn after the photo-shoot because there is additional damage to the #3 that isn't shown in the card.
            Jim

Comment

• CollectGU
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
              Attached are scans from by Bill Dudley Lions gamer. The card is a 1948 "exhibit" card. When you compare the jersey to the card, we can see a fabric run for the entire length of the open portion of the #3 as well as damage to the bottom of the top of the #3 and the top of the bottom potion of the #3.

It was apparent that the jersey was worn after the photo-shoot because there is additional damage to the #3 that isn't shown in the card.
              Jim

Love photo matches on vintage football jerseys. It's like a needle in a haystack given the limited photography resources

Comment

• VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
                • Feb 2012

...2012 Von Miller game used jersey vs. Tampa Bay. 6 tackles, 1 sack, first career interception and first career touchdown all in this jersey!!!!!

Comment

• nycpropain
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Rubaseball24
                  I have a pair of Michael Youngs autographed cleats from his days with the rangers I only had the picture of the one currently on my phone but was able to photo match them.
                  I see a style match, what are we looking for?

Comment

• The Big Red Machine
                    • Jun 2013

Comment

• nycpropain
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by The Big Red Machine
                      What are we looking for thats a match?

Comment

• MarlinsFan1993
                        • May 2012

Easiest photo-match I've had

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01812(1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	700965

Name:	DSC01813(1).JPG
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	700966

Name:	DSC01814(1).JPG
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	700967

Comment

• ctguy212003
                          • Mar 2013

Career td number 2. Rookie season

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Alex Rodriguez HR #575 - August 23, 2009. Used this bat in all 4 at bats (1st, 3rd, 5th (HR #575), and 8th).
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• PwKw13
                              • Feb 2009

Here's one of the few non-Marucci bats used by Giancarlo Stanton in 2013. He hit a double against the Cardinals on 7/07/13 with this Rawlings M845B...

Comment

• 3arod13
                                • Apr 2006

Alex Rodriguez HR #576 - August 29, 2009. Used this bat in all 5 at bats (1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th (HR #576).
                                Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

Working...