Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Thanks to forum members, I was able to photo-match my 1987 Mattingly home jersey to a picture from Getty for the NY and stripes on the front and DVD video for the back 23 and stripes, they line up perfectly all the way around.. It gets better !! It's photo-matched to Donnie Baseball wearing my jersey in the 1987 All-Star game!!!!!!! Do you guys think being an All-Star jersey it would make much of a difference value wise?

Thanks

With a little help from dcrules and others in here talking about using mlb.com as a place where old games can be found. I was able to snap a couple shots of my Brad Wilkerson pink Mother's Day bat from this year. I didn't even know he hit a home run in the game. I'm almost positive he used the bat I have in all 4 of his at bats, including the home run shot. His first time up the bat is real clean with nothing noticeable and his last time up the bat shows great ball marks, where he had made contact through out the game. The pine tar and look of the bat looks the same for each at bat.

Glad I could help awesome bat btw...

Fantastic bat. I see everyone is now shooting pics of their monitors! my secret is out!

Jim

yeah i didnt come up with the idea in a soriano bat photomatch thread or anything.....

I am simply amazed by some of the photo-matches that have been presented here. Outstanding!

As for the Donnie Baseball jersey, it is undoubtedly worth more as a photomatched All Star Game shirt in addition to being his regular season shirt - was there a patch added and then removed or did they not have A.S. patches in 1987?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Thanks to MLB.tv, I now know every single game that Eli Marrero wore the home pinstriped jersey that I own. The first photomatch is from Opening Day 2006, the second is from May 4th, and the third is from June 4th. I already posted pictures from Opening Day & June 4th a few pages back so here's the new photomatch from May 4th, 2006: