Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: GUU: Romo/Portis/Bruce/Johnson/Ringo jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    You know what Suicide? There's no need for an apology. I have been going through a lot of personal stuff lately. Illness in the family, I lost my job a few months ago. I've had to sell much of my collection, just to make ends meet. I wanted to keep this forum free of political debate....but what the hell, Americans do have a freedom of speech. I guess I do take things too seriously. I realize the whole country has hit tough times. I am a subversive radical at heart, so I always encourage folks to question authority. Keep up the comedy and those clever little animicons. Just jokes between collectors. This forum would not be the same if you lost your freedom of speech.
    your pal,
    B-T-P-H

......I'm not sure which is the sincere post, this last one, or the prior.....

But I will say I hope things improve for you in all regards. I hope your family member recovers 100% from whatever is ailing them, and you find a new job that makes your last one look like a nightmare you woke up from.

Life is short, we need to make the most of what we have. And help eachother.

Did anyone catch Paul Lukas' shout-out to B-P-T-H in his Uni Watch blog???

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    1. marketing 101..listen to what your customers want
    you'd think this would be common sense. it reminds me of the old sam walton adage "If you don't listen to your customers, someone else will". when GUU went into the auction game, there was grousing among other industry folk that they were just using the Forum to slam their competition; that the Forum itself was biased towards GUU's competition. the only way around that criticism is to apply the same standards and critical eye to GUU as this Forum does to every other auction house and industry entity. i'm sure chris cavalier would agree and wouldn't have it any other way. to that end, one of the big issues that a lot of people seem to have with auction houses, beyond the offerings or authentications, is their customer service. stories of AMI/kieta's special brand of customer dis-service could fill a book. unfortunately, i think that's the other issue, aside from the photomatches, that reared its head here; the quality of customer interaction.

either you're interested in improving things or you're more interested in winning arguments with clients. with the portis jersey, for example, i suggested that pointing out the specific photomatched marks, via red circles, would be good. GUU/robert's response?..:

"only when necessary, thanks - if someone struggles or fails to see a match going on here without the benefit of circles, well..."

this was a public response. how exactly does that sentence finish off? well, screw 'em? well, they're idiots then? you can either be that sort of company or you can go the extra mile and be the sort that says "good idea! sometimes what's obvious to one person isn't always obvious to another. thanks very much!".

i've experienced 5-star establishments and i've experienced 1-star establishments. the former realized that going the extra mile for customers, listening to them, and being appreciative for good suggestions paid off. the latter didn't and did things "only when necessary". i'm not sure why or when chris cavalier stopped being GUU's main point-of-interaction for clients but i have to think that having him return to that position would be a step in the right direction.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Did anyone catch Paul Lukas' shout-out to B-P-T-H in his Uni Watch blog???
    I did and it was nice to see BPTH getting some props for the great website he's put together.