Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned

Re: McGwire to be Cards new hitting coach??

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Aaron, bigtruck, & others,

Let me do my "Obama" pathetic immitation for just a second.....

"Let me be perfectly clear".....

Priceless!!! I love it!! Steve, I hear you buddy. I know where you stand and how you feel, I was speaking in regards to La Russa sticking up for his boy as that part I wasn't clear on in terms of you not understanding why someone would stick up for their buddy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    You stated that McGwire helped Holliday break out of his slump while he was in Oakland. Here is the story about them working together this past off season
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3976320

I never said McGwire helped Holliday break out of his slump. I stated he helped Holliday for the past several years. Please find specifically where I said "McGwire helped Holliday break out of his slump in Oakland".

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Well, it may be BS.....But what it really is is yet another flagrant indication of why I can't stand Tony LaRussa. The guy is twisted between the ears.

He has made a living managing teams loaded with some of the most juiced players in the history of the game. McGwire, who I have already stated that I just can't help like because of the 1998 spectacle with Sosa (it was a shot in the arm for baseball.....unfortunately more literally than figuratively), not to mention his great personality and disposition, is his boy. Now? LaRussa comes out now and says that he still believes Mark is "The product of hard work. He's as big as ever, he works out everyday."

Are you KIDDING me LaRussa? I mean, is this guy really fooling anyone? I don't think anyone in the world believes LaRussa is truly that ignorant. The FBI has obtained documented proof that McGwire was using steroids way back in the early '90s, so what's LaRussa doing playing dumb in 2009??

Because McGwire is his boy. Some things never change. And all this does, his standing up for Mark, coupled with the continued avoidance of addressing the issue that everyone already knows happened, just makes them both look selfish, silly, and less appealing to fans that would like to just see the burial of the steroid issue. God, I wish Mark would just come out already and get it off his chest.....tell everybody the truth, what he used, why he did it (to recover from chronic injuries, etc.) I personally don't believe McGwire did steroids for the sole intention of "cheating". He would have a much better chance of making the Hall if he would come clean. As it stands now, he has NO chance.
    I agree with every word Steve has written. Almost like I wrote it myself...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Big Mac is one of my favorite players of all-time. I don't necessarily agree with some of the choices he has made and allegedly made.

The summer of 1998 was a special time for my family and my relationship with my kids. At the time I had 3 sons and my son who was 5 years old at the time got his "love of the game" watching Cardinals games and Big Mac. He wanted to play baseball.

I have said it before, Big Mac I believe got kids back to playing baseball because he made it cool. CHICKS DIG THE LONGBALL and so do DUDES and KIDS!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I never said McGwire helped Holliday break out of his slump. I stated he helped Holliday for the past several years. Please find specifically where I said "McGwire helped Holliday break out of his slump in Oakland".
    Sorry another poster said that. Your posted a link that said McGwire gave Holliday a tip in 2006. And I was posting about their working together this past off season and you come at me saying I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I have said it before, Big Mac I believe got kids back to playing baseball because he made it cool. CHICKS DIG THE LONGBALL and so do DUDES and KIDS!
    Agreed. Perhaps some of the younger forum members are not familiar with the best sports commercial ever made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltD21rYWVw

"C'mon Alice!"

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    Sorry another poster said that. Your posted a link that said McGwire gave Holliday a tip in 2006. And I was posting about their working together this past off season and you come at me saying I was wrong.

No worries my friend, a little miscommunication.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps some of the younger forum members are not familiar with the best sports commercial ever made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltD21rYWVw

"C'mon Alice!"

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

That was a classic!!!