Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

PSA/DNA Opinion Is Worthless Is Court

Not only is it worthless, but once again they are wrong.

http://www.fighttoys.com/lawsuit.htm

Re: PSA/DNA Opinion Is Worthless Is Court

I just spent about an hour (and I'm not quite through) looking at the site you referenced. Just plain unbelievable! My favorite was the Nimitz letter, where he is surrendering the German army to the Allies. I mean, forget the signature for a moment, how incompetent would someone need to be to not catch that one?

This is alternately hilarious and really maddening. Glad I don't collect autographs.

Banned

Unless an authenticator is deemed a expert witness is a court of law, all of their opinions are worthless.

Jim

It comes down to whether the judge (usually not an autograph expert) accepts someone as an expert witness. Different judges will have different opinions on the matter, but they usually look at formal qualifications. Dealers are often not accepted as experts, and I know a very knowledgeable and respected autograph dealer who was not accepted as expert witness as his background was in dealing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It comes down to whether the judge (usually not an autograph expert) accepts someone as an expert witness. Different judges will have different opinions on the matter, but they usually look at formal qualifications. Dealers are often not accepted as experts, and I know a very knowledgeable and respected autograph dealer who was not accepted as expert witness as his background was in dealing.
    There is ONLY one dealer who I know is a court certified EXPERT witness and that person is Milt Byron. Are there others?

Jim