Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Beware - Jeter GU Jersey on eBay

This just went up on eBay, seller claims it is a game used Jeter 2008 pinstripe jersey from Steiner. This exact jersey sold as game issued on eBay just last week. Final price was 734.50, it's eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-NY-Yankees-...item3ef96f288d

Now its being advertised as game used for $2,950, ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-GAME...item3ca6da0bb9
    -Bottom of the 9th Sports Memorabilia

Re: Beware - Jeter GU Jersey on eBay

His asking price has gone up its now $3950.
    I noticed in the first auction that it had a game used holo. But after consulting with a couple other forum members. It was pointed out to me that game used holograms are also put on game issued items. An that the only way to truly no would be have the LOA with matching holo.
    How sad this is!!

Scott,
    Not sure if the business about Steiner putting Game Used Holos on Game Issued is really true. I have a closet full of 2008 Steiner Game Issued Yankees Jerseys and they all have Game Issued Holograms on them.

The Jeter jersey is a mystery. I saw it when it was up and bid on it and lost (which makes me more sad now). I went back to the original listing and you can make out the Game Used Hologram attached.

I guess someone could check it out who has connections with Steiner by running the holo number (18007)

Ron

Ron,
    The two forum members I talked to, purchase from Stiener and told me the have seen game used holo on game issued letters. I tried to confirm this with Stiener threw email and receive a vague answer from there customer service stating "it is very possible" Other then that, that's all the info I had. Now if it is a game used jersey man did I miss out!!! I hope its only game issued or I'll be kicking myself in the ass for a few months!!
    Scott

steiner has to have the absolute worst customer service i have ever dealt with. it is cartoonishly bad.

you would think they would do all that they can to help customers and collectors not get ripped after jerseys and memorabilia has left their hands, but as long as they have their money, i guess

makes me appreciate meigray that much more

Heres a photo of a pair of game issued pants with a game used hologram.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

halofan

Your right, his ebay buying name is 5toolplayersbhs do a search and you see he bought the Jeter jersey and buys Invicta watches, and what does the seller also sell??? INVICTA watches..Wow, atleast the first seller of the jersey was honest with Game Issued, by looking at the washtags/jersey to me anyways it doesnt show any use, (just my thoughts) Jeter known for getting uniform dirty? I thought so playing against the Angels.

To all the idiots I need to respond to. Yes, I bought the Jeter jersey for $734 on ebay last week. I guess I was the only one who noticed the hologram said "game used". I even went as far to ask the seller about this because he did list it as game issued. After receiving his answer I realized he had no idea what the hologram meant. Novice buyers and sellers are ignorant to what "game issued" vs. what "game used" means. This seller is in this grouping. I can assure you Steiner "experts" that game issued jerseys receive "game issued" holograms while game used get...You got it, "game used" holograms! For the "expert" who could assertain game usage from the pics provided and deemed it not game used (even though Steiner put a game used hologram on it) I say you sir are either the best authenticator ever or just another idiot. Probably the latter.

I usually don't frequent these types of forums because of the idiots who spend their time bashing honest collectors and waste everyones time. I say to you, "Put up or shut up!" If you can prove the jersey is NOT game used I will pull the listing off ebay. Untill then you can bid on it if you like. My reserve is $2500.

Why don't you do some research and prove it's game used. If an item is sold as game issued you should show, what makes you call it game used. Do you no anything about the 08 Yankees jersey? Do you no that after the all star break they put on black arm bands. So this jersey would have had to bin used pre all star game. I have searched over 600 images from 6 diffrent photo shelters, looking for a photo match! Not one came close! I did notice the hologram, but used common sense by first researching the jersey. I also inquired with Steiner about there hologram, and if game used holograms are put on issued items. There answer to my question was it's very possible. So prove it's game used!!! I think I made enough points to say more then likely it's not. If your opinion is based on a little hologram, your the IDIOT!!!!