Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Beware - Jeter GU Jersey on eBay

Hey Scott! That is your name right? Thanks for all of that great research you did! Let's review shall we? First you were able to talk to someone at Steiner at 8pm this evening even though they had already been closed for hours!! This Steiner rep told you (these are your words) that it is "very possible" that game used items receive game issued holograms and that he was "vague" about it. So, which was it Scott? "very possible"? or "vague"?

It's ok Scott we know the answer. I am although impressed with your ability to research and view over 600 images, consult various forum members, and speak to Steiner all in a matter of minutes! You are quite the hands free geek! A forum member has already blasted your theory with his "closet full" of Steiner "game issued" items having nothing but "game issued" holograms on them!

As you said in your earlier post, "start kicking yourself in the ass!" over this one! Next time bid to win.

mfurnari,
    Congrats on the jersey and welcome to Game Used Universe. I hope your first twelve hours have been enjoyable.

I was one of 'the idiots' that posted regarding your jersey. If you had actually read my post I stated that all my game issued had game issued holos and all my game used had games used. I was (in a sense) sticking up for you.

My only question is when you said you talked to the seller 'he' said blah, blah, blah, whatever. The seller is actually a 'she' not a 'he'. Just wondering who you actually talked to.

Hope your stay here is enjoyable. We look forward to whatever knowledge you can bring to the forum.

Best,

Ron

I have said it in the past and I'll say it again. Steiner has been the worst thing that could have happened for Yankees collectors. They have totally destroyed the market for Yankees collectors. Selling tons of "issued" items, total lack of knowledge as to the who, what, when and where of an item. It's a case where great marketing earned a company who had no clue as to the game used hobby access to the greatest franchise in the history of sports and they totally destroyed it for the Yankkes collector.

George

I only registered to this lame site so that I could respond to the idiots: sportscrazy13, jetersbatboy, halofan, yankeesfan98.

By the way, all "game used" experts!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a guy tell me this morning he didn't think the jersey was real because he couldn't photomatch the Yankee pinstripes in the right places? I thought glue sniffing went out decades ago. My bad!

Listen all you experts, I don't care if you have a letter from God himself....the only way you will ever know if a jersey was ever "used" is to actually take it off the athletes back, and have someone snap a pic while doing it. Then you would still have doubters. Letters from Steiner, PSA, JSA, GAI, Taube, Mears, Bushing,Meidema,Lampson can be used to wipe your butt after a discharge because it is simply an "opinion" of game use.

Two of the three "experts" I have been linguisting with the last 12 hours admitted they were bidding on the jersey. They are pissed off someone first outbid them and then wrecked them on this site.

Don't cry over a missed opportunity. All you so called "collectors" are in it for the same reason. The difference between you and me is that I am willing to admit that I just want to make some money to fund my next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by mfurnari View Post
    I only registered to this lame site so that I could respond to the idiots: sportscrazy13, jetersbatboy, halofan, yankeesfan98.

I had a guy tell me this morning he didn't think the jersey was real because he couldn't photomatch the Yankee pinstripes in the right places? I thought glue sniffing went out decades ago. My bad!
    Pinstripe's is one of the best ways to photomatch! An I live in Hawaii, we don't sniff glue we smoke marijuna

Listen all you experts, I don't care if you have a letter from God himself....the only way you will ever know if a jersey was ever "used" is to actually take it off the athletes back, and have someone snap a pic while doing it. Then you would still have doubters. Letters from Steiner, PSA, JSA, GAI, Taube, Mears, Bushing,Meidema,Lampson can be used to wipe your butt after a discharge because it is simply an "opinion" of game use.
    So you admit your hologram is a opinion! An atheles authenticating there own equipment, That works well!!!! Just ask all the guys who buy A-Rod home run bats!!!!

Two of the three "experts" I have been linguisting with the last 12 hours admitted they were bidding on the jersey. They are pissed off someone first outbid them and then wrecked them on this site.
    I never side I bid on the jersey, nor did I bid. As there was no evidence that made it game used

Don't cry over a missed opportunity. All you so called "collectors" are in it for the same reason. The difference between you and me is that I am willing to admit that I just want to make some money to fund my next purchase.
    Yes, I try to make a few bucks like everyone else!!! But be honest and disclose all the facts. The jersey was purchased as game issued.
    Yes my, name is SCOTT. I hope you enjoy your pristine Jeter jersey with it's shine sticker, and welcome to the site!!!

The bottom line is that the jersey is NOT game used, it is game ISSUED. There is absolutely no use and if it was actually a game used jersey, it would sell for more that 4k. The Steiner hologram was a mistake or an attemp to decieve. I like how on so many questionable Steiner items, the letter gets "lost" or "misplaced".

If someone purchases this jersey believing they just bought a Derek Jeter game used jersey, they are being ripped off. Now, being that you purchased the jersey for what I think is a very fair price, you should describe the jersey as you bought it and still make a few bucks.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mfurnari View Post

I had a guy tell me this morning he didn't think the jersey was real because he couldn't photo-match the Yankee pinstripes in the right places? I thought glue sniffing went out decades ago. My bad!

Take a deep breath buddy... no reason to get all personal.

I simply asked you a few questions and stated my opinion about the jersey. And yes I still have not been able to photo-match it through MLBTV. If it is game used, then why is it still sitting there not sold? 4K for a Jeter GU jersey would be a steal.

Sent the guy a message telling him it was fake

he replied "you shouldn't believe everything you read ass****"

there ya go. true mensch.
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Is 'linguisting' even a word?

I wanted to chime in here and confirm several things. First a representative here at Steiner, Efrain Reyes was originally contacted about this jersey by one of his customers and Efrain confirmed that this jersey is indeed game issued, not game used. We used the J tag number which is shown in the photo to access this information through our records. The hologram on the jersey was incorrectly placed and for that we are absolutely at fault. Not only is the hologram incorrect but you'll notice there is no MLB hologram as all of our game used jerseys typically have. With that said we don't want to see any further problems so are requesting that the seller please remove the jersey as game used as he so generously offered to do. Make no mistake this is not a Derek Jeter 2008 game used jersey, it is game issued. Also the comment made by the seller about it being possibly the last jersey Jeter wore at Yankee Stadium is incorrect because as other members have pointed out the Yankees had armbands on their jerseys in the 2nd half of the season. This jersey is a Derek Jeter 2008 game issued jersey. We are truly sorry for this mistaken use of a game used hologram and are taking the needed steps to insure better quality control and prevent something like this from happening in the future.