Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bottomofthe9thonline
    • Jan 2009

Beware - Jeter GU Jersey on eBay

This just went up on eBay, seller claims it is a game used Jeter 2008 pinstripe jersey from Steiner. This exact jersey sold as game issued on eBay just last week. Final price was 734.50, it's eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-NY-Yankees-...item3ef96f288d

Now its being advertised as game used for $2,950, ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-GAME...item3ca6da0bb9
    -Bottom of the 9th Sports Memorabilia
  • jetersbatboy
    • Jun 2008

Re: Beware - Jeter GU Jersey on eBay

His asking price has gone up its now $3950.
    I noticed in the first auction that it had a game used holo. But after consulting with a couple other forum members. It was pointed out to me that game used holograms are also put on game issued items. An that the only way to truly no would be have the LOA with matching holo.
    How sad this is!!

Comment

• rmichne
      • Dec 2008

Scott,
      Not sure if the business about Steiner putting Game Used Holos on Game Issued is really true. I have a closet full of 2008 Steiner Game Issued Yankees Jerseys and they all have Game Issued Holograms on them.

The Jeter jersey is a mystery. I saw it when it was up and bid on it and lost (which makes me more sad now). I went back to the original listing and you can make out the Game Used Hologram attached.

I guess someone could check it out who has connections with Steiner by running the holo number (18007)

Ron

Comment

• jetersbatboy
        • Jun 2008

Ron,
        The two forum members I talked to, purchase from Stiener and told me the have seen game used holo on game issued letters. I tried to confirm this with Stiener threw email and receive a vague answer from there customer service stating "it is very possible" Other then that, that's all the info I had. Now if it is a game used jersey man did I miss out!!! I hope its only game issued or I'll be kicking myself in the ass for a few months!!
        Scott

Comment

• ferro39
          • Sep 2008

steiner has to have the absolute worst customer service i have ever dealt with. it is cartoonishly bad.

you would think they would do all that they can to help customers and collectors not get ripped after jerseys and memorabilia has left their hands, but as long as they have their money, i guess

makes me appreciate meigray that much more

Comment

• jetersbatboy
            • Jun 2008

Heres a photo of a pair of game issued pants with a game used hologram.
            Attached Files

Comment

• jetersbatboy
              • Jun 2008

Heres the listing

Comment

• halofan

Your right, his ebay buying name is 5toolplayersbhs do a search and you see he bought the Jeter jersey and buys Invicta watches, and what does the seller also sell??? INVICTA watches..Wow, atleast the first seller of the jersey was honest with Game Issued, by looking at the washtags/jersey to me anyways it doesnt show any use, (just my thoughts) Jeter known for getting uniform dirty? I thought so playing against the Angels.

Comment

• mfurnari
                  • Oct 2009

To all the idiots I need to respond to. Yes, I bought the Jeter jersey for $734 on ebay last week. I guess I was the only one who noticed the hologram said "game used". I even went as far to ask the seller about this because he did list it as game issued. After receiving his answer I realized he had no idea what the hologram meant. Novice buyers and sellers are ignorant to what "game issued" vs. what "game used" means. This seller is in this grouping. I can assure you Steiner "experts" that game issued jerseys receive "game issued" holograms while game used get...You got it, "game used" holograms! For the "expert" who could assertain game usage from the pics provided and deemed it not game used (even though Steiner put a game used hologram on it) I say you sir are either the best authenticator ever or just another idiot. Probably the latter.

I usually don't frequent these types of forums because of the idiots who spend their time bashing honest collectors and waste everyones time. I say to you, "Put up or shut up!" If you can prove the jersey is NOT game used I will pull the listing off ebay. Untill then you can bid on it if you like. My reserve is $2500.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                    • Jun 2008

Why don't you do some research and prove it's game used. If an item is sold as game issued you should show, what makes you call it game used. Do you no anything about the 08 Yankees jersey? Do you no that after the all star break they put on black arm bands. So this jersey would have had to bin used pre all star game. I have searched over 600 images from 6 diffrent photo shelters, looking for a photo match! Not one came close! I did notice the hologram, but used common sense by first researching the jersey. I also inquired with Steiner about there hologram, and if game used holograms are put on issued items. There answer to my question was it's very possible. So prove it's game used!!! I think I made enough points to say more then likely it's not. If your opinion is based on a little hologram, your the IDIOT!!!!

Comment

• mfurnari
                      • Oct 2009

Hey Scott! That is your name right? Thanks for all of that great research you did! Let's review shall we? First you were able to talk to someone at Steiner at 8pm this evening even though they had already been closed for hours!! This Steiner rep told you (these are your words) that it is "very possible" that game used items receive game issued holograms and that he was "vague" about it. So, which was it Scott? "very possible"? or "vague"?

It's ok Scott we know the answer. I am although impressed with your ability to research and view over 600 images, consult various forum members, and speak to Steiner all in a matter of minutes! You are quite the hands free geek! A forum member has already blasted your theory with his "closet full" of Steiner "game issued" items having nothing but "game issued" holograms on them!

As you said in your earlier post, "start kicking yourself in the ass!" over this one! Next time bid to win.

Comment

• rmichne
                        • Dec 2008

mfurnari,
                        Congrats on the jersey and welcome to Game Used Universe. I hope your first twelve hours have been enjoyable.

I was one of 'the idiots' that posted regarding your jersey. If you had actually read my post I stated that all my game issued had game issued holos and all my game used had games used. I was (in a sense) sticking up for you.

My only question is when you said you talked to the seller 'he' said blah, blah, blah, whatever. The seller is actually a 'she' not a 'he'. Just wondering who you actually talked to.

Hope your stay here is enjoyable. We look forward to whatever knowledge you can bring to the forum.

Best,

Ron

Comment

• JETEFAN
                          • Dec 2005

I have said it in the past and I'll say it again. Steiner has been the worst thing that could have happened for Yankees collectors. They have totally destroyed the market for Yankees collectors. Selling tons of "issued" items, total lack of knowledge as to the who, what, when and where of an item. It's a case where great marketing earned a company who had no clue as to the game used hobby access to the greatest franchise in the history of sports and they totally destroyed it for the Yankkes collector.

George

Comment

• mfurnari
                            • Oct 2009

I only registered to this lame site so that I could respond to the idiots: sportscrazy13, jetersbatboy, halofan, yankeesfan98.

By the way, all "game used" experts!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a guy tell me this morning he didn't think the jersey was real because he couldn't photomatch the Yankee pinstripes in the right places? I thought glue sniffing went out decades ago. My bad!

Listen all you experts, I don't care if you have a letter from God himself....the only way you will ever know if a jersey was ever "used" is to actually take it off the athletes back, and have someone snap a pic while doing it. Then you would still have doubters. Letters from Steiner, PSA, JSA, GAI, Taube, Mears, Bushing,Meidema,Lampson can be used to wipe your butt after a discharge because it is simply an "opinion" of game use.

Two of the three "experts" I have been linguisting with the last 12 hours admitted they were bidding on the jersey. They are pissed off someone first outbid them and then wrecked them on this site.

Don't cry over a missed opportunity. All you so called "collectors" are in it for the same reason. The difference between you and me is that I am willing to admit that I just want to make some money to fund my next purchase.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mfurnari
                              I only registered to this lame site so that I could respond to the idiots: sportscrazy13, jetersbatboy, halofan, yankeesfan98.

By the way, all "game used" experts!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a guy tell me this morning he didn't think the jersey was real because he couldn't photomatch the Yankee pinstripes in the right places? I thought glue sniffing went out decades ago. My bad!
                              Pinstripe's is one of the best ways to photomatch! An I live in Hawaii, we don't sniff glue we smoke marijuna

Listen all you experts, I don't care if you have a letter from God himself....the only way you will ever know if a jersey was ever "used" is to actually take it off the athletes back, and have someone snap a pic while doing it. Then you would still have doubters. Letters from Steiner, PSA, JSA, GAI, Taube, Mears, Bushing,Meidema,Lampson can be used to wipe your butt after a discharge because it is simply an "opinion" of game use.
                              So you admit your hologram is a opinion! An atheles authenticating there own equipment, That works well!!!! Just ask all the guys who buy A-Rod home run bats!!!!

Two of the three "experts" I have been linguisting with the last 12 hours admitted they were bidding on the jersey. They are pissed off someone first outbid them and then wrecked them on this site.
                              I never side I bid on the jersey, nor did I bid. As there was no evidence that made it game used

Don't cry over a missed opportunity. All you so called "collectors" are in it for the same reason. The difference between you and me is that I am willing to admit that I just want to make some money to fund my next purchase.
                              Yes, I try to make a few bucks like everyone else!!! But be honest and disclose all the facts. The jersey was purchased as game issued.
                              Yes my, name is SCOTT. I hope you enjoy your pristine Jeter jersey with it's shine sticker, and welcome to the site!!!

Comment

Working...