Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Steiner Lenny Dykstra Game Used Jersey

Lenny Dykstra Game Used Batting Practice Jersey
    High Bid: None Number of Bids: (Bid History)0Bid Increment:$ 5.00 Opening Bid:$ 150.00 Quantity:1Opening Date:06/08/2006 14:00 ESTClosing Date:06/14/2006 21:55 ESTListing Type:Auction Time Remaining: ...or later .rbo{ border-right:1px solid #E78E00; border-bottom:1px solid #cccccc; vertical-align:top; } .imgbor{ border:1px solid #000000; } var auctnmb=document.getElementById("auctnmb").value; var wlnmb=document.getElementById("wlnmb").value; document.write(''); document.write(''); Nicknamed "Nails" for his scrappy style of play, Lenny Dykstra did everything all out. Dykstra ended his career with a .285 batting average and 404 RBI. Dykstra also produced 6 home runs in 13 World Series Games. This auction features a Lenny Dykstra Game Used Batting Practice Jersey. A Mets-Steiner letter of authenticity is included with this item. .......not that the price is even that bad,but isn't it just a little misleading to call this jersey game used?I mean,does being a spring training "special instructor" in 2005 justify calling it that?What originally caught my eye was seeing a picture of the jersey (which I believe the Mets have only been using the last 2 or 3 years) and knowing there was no way Nails could have ever worn it in a game during his career.Maybe "practice worn",but definatly not "game used".Just my 2 cents!

Joe

Re: Steiner Lenny Dykstra Game Used Jersey

.......not that the price is even that bad,but isn't it just a little misleading to call this jersey game used?I mean,does being a spring training "special instructor" in 2005 justify calling it that?What originally caught my eye was seeing a picture of the jersey (which I believe the Mets have only been using the last 2 or 3 years) and knowing there was no way Nails could have ever worn it in a game during his career.Maybe "practice worn",but definatly not "game used".Just my 2 cents!

Joe

(just wanted to clean up my actual post..when I cut & pasted the auction info,Steiner's description and my post became the world's longest run-on sentence!!)

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned term "coaches jersey"?

-David

.....Amen,brother.