Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sandberg Bat - Charitybats.com

The seller won't answer my question regarding the length and weight of this bat.

I can't get past this statement in my Malta book. "Numerous K55 model bats with a natural finsih, and flame burned B267 bats, were sold to sporting goods suppliers, made without regard to weight."

But 10% goes to charity.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Sandberg Bat - Charitybats.com

SCOTT

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are many things that worry me about the bats he has listed. I'm not saying they are not legit but I do have some concerns. Soriano he has listed is not right, theres no way he used it in a game...it shows no characteristics all of his gamers show. Griffey is missing the classic tape job. I know he didnt always use it but you would like to see it to feel more comfortable. The Mcgwire's pine tar isn't what I would call comforting either it just doesnt look right especially around the handle. Overall I'm not sure about them actually using them in games but they all seem to be legit game model bats. The Waner and Sandberg both concern me for being even player models...Any one else have any thoughts?

I know hes a forum member here, for he promotes his auctions often on here and through emails.

The Galarraga bat, I dont see the "exceptional game use". Perhaps pictures of the "heavy coat of tar extending down the midsection of the handle", would help.

The Tim Raines bat, what is on the knob, a 13? Why isnt this part of the description?

Thumbs up Re: Sandberg Bat - Charitybats.com

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    The Tim Raines bat, what is on the knob, a 13? Why isnt this part of the description?
    Yeah, I saw that also, stopped me from bidding...

In addition to that chunk that appears to be missing off the back side of the barrel (seen from the end of barrel only in one shot). It isn't in the description or shown in pics.

I planned on bidding on the Pujols but I can't do it now just because of the group its with....one questionable bat maybe even two I could justify... but too many questions to bid on the bat now. I like charities but not that much

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    I planned on bidding on the Pujols but I can't do it now just because of the group its with....one questionable bat maybe even two I could justify... but too many questions to bid on the bat now. I like charities but not that much

One bad/questionable bat really makes you question the others, I agree.

I love the fact that they are charity auctions and he is only donating 10% to charity. Seems like a stretch to me. Don't get me wrong, donations are great, but I think the intention here is to get much higher prices since they are "charity" auctions and then only donate 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by bagbig View Post
    I love the fact that they are charity auctions and he is only donating 10% to charity. Seems like a stretch to me. Don't get me wrong, donations are great, but I think the intention here is to get much higher prices since they are "charity" auctions and then only donate 10%.
    While something is better than nothing, it does seem a little sketchy for me as well. WhatI am seeing is the lesser valued bats look great like the Bret Boone...but then the high value bats are ALL very questionable looking...theres not one that I can look at and say yep that has great characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Agreed. One rotten apple spoils the bunch.

I was excited to see the Sandberg, because I really want to add a LVS to my collection. But if I can't get the seller to at least tell me the length of the bat, NO WAY am I going to bid. Who doesn't have a tape measure?

Funny how questions about shipping and where he got the bat (although vaguely) were answered.
    SCOTT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]