Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CAN THERE BE TO SET 1 s ON A 72 EXPOS FLANNEL!

If someone can answer ,it would be appreciated!

Re: CAN THERE BE TO SET 1 s ON A 72 EXPOS FLANNEL!

I meant two set 1 s

yes that it is possible for any club (not just the Expos)

Why do you think they call them a "set"?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Why do you think they call them a "set"?
    this used to confuse me too.
    i guess he is asking if the sets are renumbered for each order.

for example its

April Order Set 1 Set 2 Set 3
    June Order Set 1 Set 2 Set 3

not

June Order Set 4 Set 5 Set 6
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    this used to confuse me too.
    i guess he is asking if the sets are renumbered for each order.

for example its

June Order Set 1 Set 2 Set 3

not

June Order Set 4 Set 5 Set 6
    Thank you! I've never understood that. Perfectly clear now. I love this place. Everyday I learn somethin new.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sorry,let me understand! the jersey I am looking at is a 1972 Expos home FLANNEL.Its a home set 1.I know there is an other home set 1 jersey out there! the jersey looks good,so I should not be concerned that its not a home set 2!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    sorry,let me understand! the jersey I am looking at is a 1972 Expos home FLANNEL.Its a home set 1.I know there is an other home set 1 jersey out there! the jersey looks good,so I should not be concerned that its not a home set 2!
    If the jersey is a 1972 Expos home, it should be a Rawlings jersey. Rawlings flag tags use the set number as an indicator of when they're ordered, not actual sets (actual sets, if tagged, are done only on strip tagging with Rawlings). If you view dozens of Rawlings jerseys from all teams who have used them, you will likely find the the flag tags on the vast majority will be ID'd as SET 1. In thre case of Rawlings flag tags, set 1 indicates original order, while set 2 would be midseason or other orders after the original one. The ony set 3 flag tags I have seen on Rawlings jerseys were on the ones that Rangers players such as A-Rod and Raffy Roids used to order and then wear...a belief that has gone under considerable debate on GUF, as MeiGray had the Rangers uniform resale contract in the affected years (2000-2002).

Back to the Expos flannel...if the player in question received all his jerseys from the original order (as was the norm back then), then, yes, more than one SET 1 flag tagged jersey can exist.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

always confused me also... back in the 70's and 80's i think a set 1 was always 2 homes and 2 roads.... ya needed 2 shirts for double headers...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    always confused me also... back in the 70's and 80's i think a set 1 was always 2 homes and 2 roads.... ya needed 2 shirts for double headers...
    In the case of most companies who supplied MLB gamers (Wilson, Russell, Majestic, Goodman, Sand-Knit) set numbers reflect how many jerseys were made. The flag tag determinations of Rawlings that are based on time of order rather than quantity of jerseys is unique to Rawlings. If the Expos jersey was a Wilson-made road, then there would be set 1, set 2, and, if made, set 3. With Rawlings, any set 2 flag tag is an in-season order (either for a new player or as a replacement for a damaged/stolen jersey).

I recall visiting the White Sox clubhouse after 1977 to buy a jersey from the equipment guy. The 1977 jerseys (by Rawlings, with collar flag tags) were still hanging up, and I couldn't find a set 2 flag tag to save my life.

Dave M.
    Chicago area