Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Johnny Damon's steal last night.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Damon's a player.....the Yankees are lucky he's with them.

That's why he'll have yet another ring shortly, and A-Rod will have his first.

He isn't a hack, like Jonathan Broxton, or Brad Lidge. And I must say, Damon, like any great baseball player, makes his teammates better. Just ask A-Rod....he'll tell you.
    I don't think Lidge is a hack, anyway great play by Damon and would take him over an overpaid A-rod any day.

I certainly won't argue that any baseball player making the kind of money ARod gets is overpaid. That said, this year, if it wasn't for ARod the Yankees would not be in the World Series.

Got to also give Johnny D credit for his dive attempt last night. Damon's known for his weak arm so any advantage his legs can give him getting to a ball is a plus. He tried and was a step too short.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I certainly won't argue that any baseball player making the kind of money ARod gets is overpaid. That said, this year, if it wasn't for ARod the Yankees would not be in the World Series.
    That is true he did get Tex and the rest of that team going. I really can't stand A-rod though, and would love to see him get pegged again. He was pissed!