Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longoria Bat Inscriptions are getting Uglier......

Check out his 2009 Mother's day bat and the lengthy inscription.

Not only is is written sloppy, but is just too darn long.

It should just read "Game Used 2009 Mother's Day" or just "Game Used 2009". I also do not like his printing.

His bats would look a ton nicer if he TOOK HIS TIME and wrote the inscriptions in cursive......

Also, a 2009 Mothers Day bat of his already sold earlier this year on MLB.com ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVAN-LONGORIA-MO...item2a02588cf7

Also on this bat here the writing is just sloppy. Plus it is a 2008 World Series bat used in 2009.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVAN-LONGORIA-si...item2a02588d05

How many freaking WS bats did he get?????
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Re: Longoria Bat Inscriptions are getting Uglier......

Wow, I agree! His signature is fantastic and those chicken scratches really detract from it.

I disagree. I think the Mother's Day inscription looks awesome. Nice and bold as well. I can read every letter he put. Great looking bat

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    I disagree. I think the Mother's Day inscription looks awesome. Nice and bold as well. I can read every letter he put. Great looking bat
    I think you are agreeing to disagree??? Way too much writing on the bat. If it was written in a nice cursive or even a nicer print, that would help a lot...

Here is Eva Longoria looking much better....

Name:  EvaLongoria104-8x10.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  50.1 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    I disagree with original poster; I love the neatness of the inscription. It is done very well and neatly.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I disagree with original poster; I love the neatness of the inscription. It is done very well and neatly.
    Yep, I also like the detail he put into the inscription. With date and who they played, everything spelled out. I like the print, easy to read.

Hmm, first thing I think is soooo who wrote the inscription?*

Camaro-nice pic I remember when Evan first came up. I kept seeing signed balls on ebay and my eyes read Eva every time. Eventually I had to click on one to see if she had done a major signing. Well that was my introduction to a budding young prospect......

*I am not implying in any manner that Evan did not write the inscription. I am merely stating my opinion which I am still able to do as long as I attach an asterisk with explanation. My opinions are in no way an endoresment for or against any topics said opinion was expressed about. I do not care about spelling or grammer so please correct bloggers on your local news site. Political, social views and values either expressed or implied in this post are purely coincidental. Any attempt to lure me into a discussion about politcs, social values, world perception or poetry will be met with a non-response. This disclaimer is not aimed at any one party and if it is misconstrued by said party(s) perhaps they need to post at a local political site not a game used sports memorabilia site. Opinions expressed by Mariner Gamers are his and his alone with no input from the bulldog or wife. Mariner Gamers is a philistine and feels a good taped and used Griffey Jr on the wall is superior to any Picasso.

Banned

Never mind Evan...more pics of EVA!!!

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Is that a mole on..........
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

If you look at the auction, the bat was not used in the World Series but during the 2009 season. He must have had some bats left over (the Series lasted only 5 games so that is not that surprising) and used them this year for whatever reason. Personally, I like that he writes such lengthy inscriptions it is much better than other players who just write their name, game used and the year.