Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Base Display Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by zooat2 View Post
    - Anyone have any thoughts on this??

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3300970
    i would first try an arts and craft store near where you live. they may have some shadow boxes that would fit the base and for a lot cheaper than this.

http://hosted.where2getit.com/michaels/
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    i would first try an arts and craft store near where you live. they may have some shadow boxes that would fit the base and for a lot cheaper than this.

http://hosted.where2getit.com/michaels/

- PERFECT! And there's one right by my house!

- Thanks for the tip, Joel!

Quote Originally Posted by zooat2 View Post
    - PERFECT! And there's one right by my house!

- Thanks for the tip, Joel!

They usually have a 40-50% off one item in the Sunday paper. Or, they take competitors coupons. You can print one online from AC Moore:

http://www.acmoore.com/e-acm.StoreLocator.aspx

-Chris

Here's the most affordable idea of all -- forget the display case, buy some small bolts, nuts, washers and picture frame wire, and just hang your bases like photos. If your bases are like mine, there should be holes in the back. Simply put a bolt through two washers, the hole, another washer and the nut... secure the wire around the nut between the two outside washers, tighten the nut, repeat on the other side of the base, snip the extra wire and you're ready to hang it on the wall. The bases hang flush to the wall (because the back of the base is concave), you can fit more in a tight space and it costs mere pennies vs. expensive acrylic cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Here's the most affordable idea of all -- forget the display case, buy some small bolts, nuts, washers and picture frame wire, and just hang your bases like photos. If your bases are like mine, there should be holes in the back. Simply put a bolt through two washers, the hole, another washer and the nut... secure the wire around the nut between the two outside washers, tighten the nut, repeat on the other side of the base, snip the extra wire and you're ready to hang it on the wall. The bases hang flush to the wall (because the back of the base is concave), you can fit more in a tight space and it costs mere pennies vs. expensive acrylic cases.
    Genius, pure genius! I don't have any bases, but if I do get one, I'll be sure to use this. Thanks!

- Its funny because I was looking at the back of it last night and was thinking the same thing, but I thought it may damage the base, but you pictures proved that it doesnt....so I'm going w/ your way! THANK YOU!

Here's mine...

Wow, what a smart idea. Learn something new every day.

You know what would be cool since you have 3 bases? Have an artist paint an ballfield for you and you have your 1st, 2nd and 3rd bases in the infield portion!

Don't you love how I am spending your money!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Did your bases come with the steel plate with the 6"x1.5" square post? I have seen some with and with out. All of mine came with them. Just curious to see if different teams sell them different ways. As always thank you for your info.