Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Do You Want To Give A Shout Out To?

Dewey2007's thread "Shout out to the Vintagedeputy" gave me this idea.

Who would you like to give a shout out to for helping you add something to your collection?

My shout out goes to joelsabi (Joel). Many of you know I sold him my 3 1994 Alex Rodriguez Signed Baseballs to Joel, in order to purchase my recent Arod bat.

So now I was in search of another early Arod ball to add back to my collection. I found the below ball up for sale on ebay. Joel and I both wanted to bid on the ball. Joel knew I wanted to add it to my collection, so he emailed me and said he wouldn't bid, so I could win it.

What an unselfish act! As Dewey2007 stated in his thread, "It's random acts of kindness like this that make the forum fun to be a part of.

The ball has a beautiful signature, with an inscription that reads, "Doc thanks 4 everything save my Lockers 95."

A classy thing to do. Thanks Joel!

If you want to give a shout out to someone who helped you, now is your chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Who Do You Want To Give A Shout Out To?

Of course I also can't forget to give a shout out to GrndSlm (Juan Iglesias) for selling me the 1996 Alex Rodrigue "1st Career Grand Slam" Game Used Bat. The prize of my collection.

Thanks Juan!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

sox83cubs84, Dave M. sold me a Cubs alt. blue Julian Tavarez jersey a while back. Always seeking GU from eccentric players........thanks Dave.

He's not a forum member, but I acquired some nice stuff from eBay seller museumbats. He was very patient in working with me, and I got a number of awesome items from him. I am very satisfied with my purchases.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    sox83cubs84, Dave M. sold me a Cubs alt. blue Julian Tavarez jersey a while back. Always seeking GU from eccentric players........thanks Dave.
    I appreciate the shout out! Enjoy Yo-Yo's Cubs gamer.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

-Tim at HOF bats, who is always responsive to any email or question I have, even if it's not about one of his products.

- Jeff at Birdbats for the awesome website that I always use as a quick reference, and the great posts. Even though I haven't dealt directly with him yet.

- All the guys at GUU, for this website that I really appreciate, and my wife hates. Without this site I would have never discovered this hobby. About 2 years ago I found a Hack Wilson game used bat at an antique store for $50. I stumbled on this webiste while trying to research how describe it on ebay. Without this site I would have sold it un-knowingly and never gotten into game used items.

- All the guys on ebay that I seem to buy from, and sell to all the time, but I havn't quite cross-referenced all the GUU names to Ebay names.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Andrew Lang...Good man and a good friend. Nats collecting begins and ends with him alone.

my shout out would have to go out to the people at beyond the dugout. My andrus and salty gloves have both come from these guys. Their coa's are signed by the player and also include a picture of the player holding the item. I also like the fact that i can request certain items from them and they do the leg work in finding it. Granted there is a fee but nothing in llfe is free.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    Andrew Lang...Good man and a good friend. Nats collecting begins and ends with him alone.

DEFINATELY Andrew Lang.....He's the only one on this site I wholeheartedly trust, but I haven't had many dealings from other GUU forum members yet, so there's room for you other guys to "squeeze" in.

Bought Gary Sheffield's 499th career home run ball from him, authenticated with a MLB hologram, and am looking to add two more killer items from him soon. Thanks Andrew for adding to my collection, and happiness.

And a secondary shout out to the guys who run this GUU site. They are trying to do it right people, and you all should appreciate the sincerity and effort to clean up this sometimes ugly hobby.

I would like to throw a shout out to the 2009 world series champ Yankees.