Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glad for ARod, glad for Tony

I'm glad that the Yankees and Arod won the World Series. I know Tony is a big fan of ARod's and it must have been great for you to finally see him perform at the level he was capable of in the post season. There are a lot of great players who never got to a World Series or won one. So it was nice to ARod finally get his chance. You have always defended him while acknowledging his flaws in a fair manner. So enjoy this one !!!! You deserve it.

Re: Glad for ARod, glad for Tony

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I'm glad that the Yankees and Arod won the World Series. I know Tony is a big fan of ARod's and it must have been great for you to finally see him perform at the level he was capable of in the post season. There are a lot of great players who never got to a World Series or won one. So it was nice to ARod finally get his chance. You have always defended him while acknowledging his flaws in a fair manner. So enjoy this one !!!! You deserve it.

My uncle is big Yankee fan and at the beginning of the post season he told me the Yankees will not advance or win the World series as long as Arod was on the team.

Well the monkey is finally off Arod's back.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I personally do not like the Yankees. I'm not a fan of the cockiness of Tex and some of the others.

Happy for Tony, happy for my friend Mark Ponnent. Disappointed for Howard and my other Phil's guys.

Yanks - break open the wallet for Matsui now....it's gonna cost ya some more.

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Yanks - break open the wallet for Matsui now....it's gonna cost ya some more.
    I wonder how much they'll have to pay. The announcers last night definately felt his one hit should've been a triple, but due to his bad knees was only a double. I also can't seem to get the image of him breaking his wrist out of my head...the way that he looked at his limp glove hand and the way it flapped around...OUCH and yuck!!!! It will be interesting to see how much he'll fetch or want in a new deal. Any idea how old he is...I mean, he isn't a spring chicken that for sure. The more people describe him the more he sounds like Harold Baines LOL. Atleast one guy name Hideki worked out in the long run for the Yanks.

wade

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I also glad to see how much Arod has chaned his attitude. Not once does he talk about himself. Always about his teammates.

When all the Yankee players were together up on the state, Arod was in the background and not up front. In the past, he would have ensures it was right up in front, probably even in front of Jeter.

Is it fake? I don't believe so. I think Arod finally gets it. It's about the 25 guys and the team!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I also glad to see how much Arod has chaned his attitude. Not once does he talk about himself. Always about his teammates.

When all the Yankee players were together up on the state, Arod was in the background and not up front. In the past, he would have ensures it was right up in front, probably even in front of Jeter.

Is it fake? I don't believe so. I think Arod finally gets it. It's about the 25 guys and the team!

Regards, Tony
    Wow, too many typos.

I'm also glad to see how much Arod has changed his attitude. Not once does he talk about himself. Always about his teammates.

When all the Yankee players were together up on the stage, Arod was in the background and not up front. In the past, he would have ensured he was right up in front, probably even in front of Jeter.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Who knows; he's dating Goldie Hawn's daughter and she says he's very vain and always talking about himself...so I would not go as far as saying he's changed.

"memememememememe"
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Who knows; he's dating Goldie Hawn's daughter and she says he's very vain and always talking about himself...so I would not go as far as saying he's changed.

"memememememememe"
    What Arod does in baseball and on the field is all I care about. All the other stuff, I couldn't care less.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He plays with such arrogance though. I love comparing him and Jeter both are great players, the only difference is that one has a great personality and the other seems to not. That's just how the lightning rod rubs off on me, but in reality he could be a nice guy. Anyway, I really can't congratulate the Yanks because they really did buy this title, there is no two ways about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    He plays with such arrogance though. I love comparing him and Jeter both are great players, the only difference is that one has a great personality and the other seems to not. That's just how the lightning rod rubs off on me, but in reality he could be a nice guy. Anyway, I really can't congratulate the Yanks because they really did buy this title, there is no two ways about it.
    I've never saw Arod as arrogant. I saw a guy who tried to hard to be liked; tried to hard to please people; to say the things he thought people wanted to hear; a guy to tried to hard to be someone he wasn't, instead of just being himself, which came across fake (which is what I didn't like).

He works hard, plays hard, and just loves the game of baseball.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]