Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jacket Missing from Steiner Store

i read this news item: http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...ee-jacket.html

long story short, a guy sent in a prized family heirloom, a jacket with a million yankee autographs on it, to a steiner store to get signed by yogi berra ($160 for a yogi berra signature?) and then the jacket went missing. anyway, the guy wants compensation from steiner and steiner feels he's asking too much. what popped out at me was this priceless quote on the video from brandon steiner himself:

"..he wanted a lotta lotta money for something he'd only invested a few thousand dollars in.."

yeah..apparently wanting a lot of money for something that only cost a few thousand doesn't seem right to brandon.

rudy.

Banned

Re: Jacket Missing from Steiner Store

Wow - anyone interested in boycotting Steiner until they do the right thing?

Banned

-How about a replica line-up card?
    http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...=JETEPHB000012

-How about a team-signed baseball from this season?
    http://www.steinersports.com/new-yor...aseball-le-250

-How about a team signed photo from this year?
    http://www.steinersports.com/new-yor...otograph-le-50

Jim

i just thought it was priceless that brandon steiner, of all people, was complaining about someone overcharging him.

it'd be like lou lampson complaining that he was ripped off by a sloppy authenticator.

rudy.

Screw Brandon Steiner and all of his overpriced items. $100k is way too much but I do hope he gets nailed on this one. What comes around goes around.

Rudy.......you know the prospect someone may list a Mariners bat I need and your visual take on the world are the key reasons I am still around this forum. As usual your intro, quote, and corresponding visual were money.

Thanks again for hammering home a point while making me laugh......

Davis

I havn't made the conscious effort of boycotting Steiner, they have done it for me by over-pricing every piece that I have been interested in. I guess the working class isn't really their market demographic and they have already made that very clear to me. Best of luck to them anyway, and I hope that Eddie recieves fair compensation for his loss.

Knowing how Lampson operates, I wouldn't be surprised if he has done that in the past. hahha

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post

it'd be like lou lampson complaining that he was ripped off by a sloppy authenticator.

rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gannonknight85 View Post
    I havn't made the conscious effort of boycotting Steiner, they have done it for me by over-pricing every piece that I have been interested in. I guess the working class isn't really their market demographic and they have already made that very clear to me. Best of luck to them anyway, and I hope that Eddie recieves fair compensation for his loss.
    Please don't take this personal but don't underestimate the power of the "little guys".

yeah that's why I'd rather purchase from MeiGray, at least the consider if you send them a best offer.