Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Al Pacino Signed Baseball and Golf Ball

I am not a certified expert in the field of autograph authentication nor do I claim to be. What I do claim is that Al Pacino did NOT sign either of these two bogus signatures. I have seen a few.....around 5...LEGITIMATE Pacino pieces and his John Hancock looks nothing like these pitiful fakes. The golf ball is extremely awful...really bad. To top it off both of these items are "authenticated" by Mr. James Spence....whom we know from earlier articles can not be relied upon for solid opinions.

Also, just for good measure, legit Pacino sigs are TOUGH. He and DeNiro are extremely difficult to get to sign.

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Aucti...brity%20Signed

Re: Al Pacino Signed Baseball and Golf Ball

Now that I think about it...the Pacino golf ball may very well be the absolute sorriest fake I have ever seen. It's really that awful.

All signed golf balls look awful. Got to be one of the worst autograph ideas ever.

All signed golf balls look awful. Got to be one of the worst autograph ideas ever.
    Agreed. Horrible.

That being said, I actually own one. When my grandfather passed away, I was given much of his golf gear. I saw what looked like a brand new sleeve of Black Knight golf balls. I was going to crack them open to use, then saw that one of the golf balls was signed by Gary Player.

So which is the better caption:

"Say hello to my little friends."

or

"Make me an offer I can't refuse."

While I have no opinion whatsoever on these autographs, I thought I've read in a couple different places that Pacino is a reliable signer through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by encinorick View Post
    So which is the better caption:

"Say hello to my little friends."

or

"Make me an offer I can't refuse."

It's gotta be "Say hello....to my little friend!"

That is his all-time movie line.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    I am not a certified expert in the field of autograph authentication nor do I claim to be. What I do claim is that Al Pacino did NOT sign either of these two bogus signatures. I have seen a few.....around 5...LEGITIMATE Pacino pieces and his John Hancock looks nothing like these pitiful fakes. The golf ball is extremely awful...really bad. To top it off both of these items are "authenticated" by Mr. James Spence....whom we know from earlier articles can not be relied upon for solid opinions.

Also, just for good measure, legit Pacino sigs are TOUGH. He and DeNiro are extremely difficult to get to sign.

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Aucti...brity%20Signed

I am going to offer a different oppinion, i believe both have been signed by al. His signature not only varies and is usually shortened in public. Both of these appear to be authentic. Golf Balls make signatures look terrible no matter who is signing them, its the dimples that distort them so bad.

I apologize for the grammer in my last post...my goodness I need an edit button. What I meant to say was Pacino varies in the way he signs and in person his signature is very short. These are consistent to the ones I have seen him sign in the past. That is my opinion.

Signed tennis balls usually look bad to, as they are fuzzy.

Baseballs almost seem designed to be autographed.