Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: Do You Think Dividing The GUU Forum Into Seperate Sports Could Be Beneficial?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 83.33%
  • No

7 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

I would take it a step further,

GU Baseball:
    -Bats
    -Jerseys
    -Misc.

I think it would be great to group collections. It would make networking easier!

I'm going to play devil's advocate. I focus on baseball -- bats and jerseys -- but I enjoy reading posts about other sports. I've learned a great deal about football helmets, basketball jerseys and other things outside my expertise. I'm afraid if the board were divided by sports that I'd ignore the non-baseball categories (kind of like I do with the Vintage Memorabilia board; it's interesting, but I rarely click the link). The way it is now, if I see an intriguing thread, I'll click on it -- like an impulse buy at the cash register. Dividing by sport isn't a bad idea, and I can appreciate why people would like it. I'm just not sure I'd make the effort to "get out of my box."

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate. I focus on baseball -- bats and jerseys -- but I enjoy reading posts about other sports. I've learned a great deal about football helmets, basketball jerseys and other things outside my expertise. I'm afraid if the board were divided by sports that I'd ignore the non-baseball categories (kind of like I do with the Vintage Memorabilia board; it's interesting, but I rarely click the link). The way it is now, if I see an intriguing thread, I'll click on it -- like an impulse buy at the cash register. Dividing by sport isn't a bad idea, and I can appreciate why people would like it. I'm just not sure I'd make the effort to "get out of my box."
    +1

SEGREGATE!!!!!!
    (Channeling a little George Wallace, there).

A great idea that's long overdue. I get tired of digging through 50 baseball threads to find the "Show me your NFL stuff" thread, or any NFL thread for that matter.

Football very definitely needs its own area.

Banned

That would be great!

I love the idea of sectioning things out! Do it!

Here's 2 other ideas:

A) An edit feature to posts. The time has come. No one likes to look stupid because we made a simple spelling mistake and now can't fix it.

B) A "Log me in forever" feature. I'm really tired of logging in every time. Even the "remember me" option expires at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    +1
    +2

I wrote a post suggesting this possibility back in June:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26582

Here's what I wrote:

Dear Chris C., et.al,
    I was wondering if any changes to the current configuration of the forum are in the offing, or would be considered.

The forum has become so large and successful, that I believe a further segmentation of categories, namely by sport, may be useful.

Joe Bettinelli's old game-used equipment form, myhalloffame.com, offered separate categories for baseball, basketball and football (gameworn.net has cornered the market on hockey, so perhaps there's little need for that here). That seemed to work well.

Currently, the forum is dominated by posts addressing modern baseball (not that there's anything wrong with that). Those interested in football, for example, often turn to digging around for the popular "Show me your NFL stuff" thread, which is resuscitated for a few days, then drops off the radar.

So I guess I'm wondering about the feasibility or inclination you might have in redeveloping the structure of the forum to better differentiate between sports.

Looking forward to any thoughts you may have about this,

Guy

No mods followed up on the suggestion, though.

Hopefully bringing this idea public will light spark a match and the mods will be more willing to get on here and express their opinions on the idea.

I would definitely like to hear what they have to say....

...and yes AN EDIT OPTION!!!! I meant to put "spark a match" without the "light".

EDIT OPTION!