Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: Do You Think Dividing The GUU Forum Into Seperate Sports Could Be Beneficial?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 83.33%
  • No

7 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: O/T - Dividing The Game Used Universe Forum Into Sections - Thoughts?

A great idea that's long overdue. I get tired of digging through 50 baseball threads to find the "Show me your NFL stuff" thread, or any NFL thread for that matter.
    Same can be said for hoops and pucks. I don't even check the monthly pickups anymore because it's mostly baseball. I realize this is a baseball board, but it would be nice to be able to stick to areas of interest.

You'll regret having an edit feature added. I've seen it before on other boards that didn't have nearly as many train wreck threads that this place has. Oh yeah, peeps will be editing their posts alright.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    ......I realize this is a baseball board, but it would be nice to be able to stick to areas of interest.
    I don't think it is a 'baseball board' as much as it is more baseball collectors than other sports.

"Game Used Universe".....the Universe is much bigger than just baseball. No offense guys.

I am one who likes GUU as it is. But I can understand why people would like to make some changes. I think many of use forget that this site is provide to us as a free service. Granted some of use do pay to be premium members, but that is a very small percentage. Financially I don't think it could be done. The money to create a improved site would be pretty substantial. I am guessing the money need to up keep a mass site as suggested would be another hurtle! This may lead to fewer people using the site, as all members would more then likely have to be paying members.

I dont see any changes being made, but thats just me. I dont see an edit button being added anytime soon either. The reason for that is so people can be accountable for what they say. Hey, not my rule, but I agree with it.

Im not saying I would or wouldnt like to see any of the changes you guys bring up being made, but plenty of ideas have been brought up in the past with changes not being made...

we could have a "F" bomb section that way both teams played hard could fit in, or we could have a they are coming to my house because i said bat things about them on the internet thread for Suicide.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I think dividing up would be a great. That is how most sport card forums do it.... dividing the 4 sports up.

I think more people would post then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    we could have a "F" bomb section that way both teams played hard could fit in, or we could have a they are coming to my house because i said bat things about them on the internet thread for Suicide.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, this is a problem that has began to drive many away from this forum. Please, keep from putting this kind of crap on my threads. It does absolutely no good for this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    I am one who likes GUU as it is. But I can understand why people would like to make some changes. I think many of use forget that this site is provide to us as a free service. Granted some of use do pay to be premium members, but that is a very small percentage. Financially I don't think it could be done. The money to create a improved site would be pretty substantial. I am guessing the money need to up keep a mass site as suggested would be another hurtle! This may lead to fewer people using the site, as all members would more then likely have to be paying members.
    Maybe the moderators could solicit some dealers and auctions to run banner ads which could pay for the upgrade.

I agree with separating the forums and the following suggested ideas:

An EDIT function...

An OT forum...

And I would propose you get rid of the 'Autograph' Forum as it hardly ever gets any responses - I have posted in there a few times without getting ANY responses... reposted in the GU forum and got the info I needed...

MOVE the Autograph forum as a SEPARATE Section in each of the various Sport Forums... i.e.:

Baseball Forum
    • Game Used
    • Autographed
    • Vintage
    • Misc
    Football Forum
    • Game Used
    • Autographed
    • Vintage
    • Misc
    etc, etc...

Just my .02

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by corsairs22 View Post
    Maybe the moderators could solicit some dealers and auctions to run banner ads which could pay for the upgrade.
    The problem with this is, what happens if we question one of these dealer/sponsers items. Would the Mods then need to edit the post? Wouldn't they need to protect there intrest?